Best Buy offering chance to face Gigantamax Eevee / Pikachu in Pokemon Sword/Shield
The Pokemon Company is teaming up with Best Buy, as the retailer will be offering a way for players to catch Gigantamax Eevee and Gigantamax Pikachu in Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield.
Those that stop by the retailer will be able to pick up code cards that can be redeemed for Dynamax Crystals. These will then let you battle – and hopefully catch – a Gigantamax Pikachu and Gigantamax Eevee. You can request a code card at the register without making a purchase.
Follow the steps below to receive the Dynamax Crystal:
- Launch Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield.
- Select Mystery Gift on the X menu.
- Select Get a Mystery Gift.
- Select Get with Code/Password to save your game and connect to the internet.
- Enter your code.
- Watch as the gift arrives in your game. (Pokemon will appear in your party or your Pokemon Boxes; items will appear in your Bag.)
- Be sure to save your game.
You can then follow these steps to encounter Gigantamax Pikachu or Gigantamax Eevee in a Max Raid Battle:
- Go to the Watchtower Lair (large Pokemon Den that lies at the base of the Watchtower Ruins in the Wild Area)
- When you’re in front of the Watchtower Lair, select the Dynamax Crystal in your Bag and choose to use it. A large pillar of light will appear coming from the Watchtower Lair.
- Press the A Button to investigate the active den and choose to challenge the Gigantamax Pokémon within. You can invite other players to join you or start the battle with NPC Trainers.
- If the Gigantamax Pokemon is defeated, all participants in the battle will have a chance to catch it.
Gigantamax Pikachu comes with its Hidden Ability, Lightning Rod, and has the moves Celebrate, Double Team, Thunder Bolt, and Wish. Gigantamax Eevee features its Hidden Ability, Anticipation, and is made up of the moves Celebrate, Wish, Double Edge, and Swift.
The Best Buy offer for Pokemon Sword and Shield with the Gigantamax Eevee / Pikachu Dynamax Crystals starts on October 10. It will run until October 24.