Team17 and The Game Kitchen have issued a new patch for Blasphemous. It includes platforming improvements, level changes, tons of fixes, and more.
Below are the full patch notes:
- Collision detection during jumps tweaked to improve jump feeling.
- Jumping in mid-air is now possible for a few frames after running off a platform (Coyote time / ghost jump).
- Grab cancel action added.
- The Penitent One is now be able to jump off walls, ledges and ladders by pressing the Grab cancel action.
- The Penitent One still can hold down to fall while hanging from a ledge, but the holding time has been adjusted.
- The Penitent One will only climb a ledge if the players press Up, to prevent accidental climbing.
- Damage while wall climbing now doesn’t prevent further wall climbing. Before it was only available after touching the ground again.
Moving platforms rework
- Fixed a collision issue that made some players go through them on certain jumps.
- Added and reworked some annoying moving platforms to shorten wait times and improve level navigation.
- Iterated a few areas featuring moving platforms, to improve platforming and navigation, and make wait times shorter.
- Fixed several typos in different languages.
Player fixes and changes
- Fixed a bug that caused TPO to pass through walls in certain jump conditions.
- Removed ladder landing screen shake effect
- Fixed a bug that caused falling attacks to continually loop in rare situations.
- Improved Weight of Sin timing.
- Improved navigation in shortcut between Sleeping Canvases and Mercy Dreams (The infamous room full of spikes!)
- Slight geometry tweaks in Wasteland of the Buried Churches and Archcathedral Rooftops.
Guilt Fragment placement fixes
- All spike traps have been corrected to prevent a strange behaviour forcing guilt fragments to appear in Albero.
- Fixed a bug that caused Guilt Fragments to get stuck in between scenes under the elevator at Library of Negated Words sometimes.
- Fixed a bug that caused Guilt Fragment appearing right in front of the burning tree on Perpetva’s fight to be impossible to retrieve.
- Reflections were not working in scenes like the Halite Lake and the dark room after Melquiades.
- Fixed level sprites.
- Added decorative sprites of wax below red and blue candles on scenes.
- Socorro’s animation loops fixed.
- When using a controller to exit the teleport menu, TPO didn’t make an exit animation and remained invisible.
- Fix snow falling inside screen space (Mountains).
- Fixed door sprites clipping through the penitent one in Wasteland of Buried Churches.
- Fixed an issue with the Retribution animation
- In certain locations, the head of The Penitent One could be seen sticking out when falling down a pit.
- Fixed a bug where The Penitent One would face the wrong way when going though certain doorways.
- The Great Elevator in Archcathedral Rooftops could cause a softlock.
- Interacting with Our Lady of the Six Sorrows a second time could cause a softlock.
- Dying when falling through a pit with the inventory open could cause a softlock.
- The loading screen between the two phases of the Escribar fight could cause a softlock.
- Mea Culpa level could be increased several times at the same shrine.
- The Penitent One could be hit while resting on a certain Prie Dieu.
- Fixed transitions to a few screens in which enemies will start attacking The Penitent One if the loading time took too long.
- Players could bypass abyss deathtraps when falling into them using the Weight of Sin skill.
- Removed an extra blue candle on Engracias’ room that shouldn’t be there.
- Fixed transitions where TPO would be facing the opposite direction they came from.
- Hanging chains of giant clapper in Jondo sometimes disappeared when they shouldn’t
- Fixed Penitent One falling off the world when sliding through the door of the Bridge of the Three Calvaries.
- Duplicated Golden Thimble on gemino quest.
- Escribar cutscene 3 doesn’t show properly sometimes.
- Viridiana can be exploited if TPO leaves the boss room before she vanishes.
- Offering the 3rd mask to the Elevator and force quitting won’t let the player access the fourth level.
- Fixed an issue that caused the last conversation with Our Lady of Our Six Sorrows to never be played.
- Chalice of Inverted Verses couldn’t be refilled in certain conditions.
- Chalice of Inverted Verses empties itself after the pontiff cutscenes.
- Our Lady of the Charred Visage’s laser could still fire and doesn’t disappear even after she’s dead, and still deals damage.
- Players could skip fighting Quirce using air impulse to reach the other side of the gap that led to his battle.
- Fixed Warden of the Silent Sorrow collider.
- The Penitent One will appear and perform the execution animation from both sides of Crisanta.
- Monfràgora errors fixed.
- Tizona flickering fixed.
- Amargura collider issues fixed. Improved hitbox.
- Guardainfante shockwave animation fix.
- Fixed Wraith enemy and projectile colliders.
- Map icon location fixes.
- Fixed a bug where if the player collected all cherubs before visiting Jocinero for the first time, they would not receive the rewards.
- The map can now be closed by pressing the same button used to open it.
- Fixed a bug where the map screen would immediately appear when loading a save.
- Fixed various unintended behaviours that occurred when controllers were disconnected mid-game.
- Backer credits updated and fixed.
- Credits updated.
- Fixed a bug where docking/undocking Switch could cause credits to misalign. (Nintendo Switch only)