Cassette Beasts Switch release date set for May
Posted on April 26, 2023 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
Cassette Beasts is almost here on Switch, with publisher Raw Fury and Bytten Studio providing a final release date. The game will be available for Nintendo’s console on May 25, 2023, the two sides confirmed today.
We first heard about Cassette Beasts back in 2020. It’s a creature-collecting-and-fusing open-world RPG.
Here’s some additional information:
Cassette Beasts puts a unique spin on monster-collector RPG adventures – on the remote island of New Wirral, people can use cassette tapes to transform into strange creatures and battle! You’ll need to explore the island and record a menagerie of mighty monsters to your trusty cassette tapes to gain their abilities and find a way home. You can even combine two creatures together to make powerful new forms with shared elemental types, stats, and move sets using Cassette Beasts’ Fusion System.
- Transform into Monsters…with Cassette Tapes?! Faced with the constant threat of monster attack, the residents of Harbourtown can fight fire with fire. Record a variety of special creatures, then play them back in battle to take on their forms!
- Fuse Monsters Together: Merge with your companions’ monsters to transform into unique, fully animated fusions combining the strengths of both forms! There are thousands of creature fusion combos to experiment with and discover.
- Explore a Rich Open World: Some monster abilities can be used in human form, which you’ll need to get around, solve puzzles, and more. Glide, fly, swim, climb, dash or turn magnetic in a colorful land brought to life with beautifully crafted monsters, ‘80s vibes and a synthy soundtrack!
- Dive into a Captivating Story: Cassette Beasts features an otherworldly adventure with spooky twists and turns. Who are the Archangels? And how did you end up on New Wirral?
- Master a Deep Battle System: Use elemental chemistry to apply advantageous buffs or debuffs with your attacks, or even alter your opponents’ elemental types.
- Travel with a Diverse Cast of Companions: Never fight alone! Forge bonds with your partners and help them complete personal goals to become a better team. The strength of your relationship determines how well you’re able to fuse!
- Play Co-op with Friends: Team up via local co-op multiplayer and Steam Remote Play Together for up to two players. Explore the open world, transform and battle together as a duo!
We’ve included a new release date trailer for Cassette Beasts below.