Clea and Clea 2 update adds War Maiden Mode on Switch
Posted on February 19, 2022 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch
Clea and Clea 2 were updated not too long ago on Switch, with both games adding a new War Maiden Mode.
Developer InvertMouse describes the mode as its “ultimate challenge to players who have dominated the campaign.” At the end, players can unlock the War Gear costume. The mode can be accessed in the first Clea by completing the campaign with the best ending while Clea 2 becomes available once you have conquered Clea’s Quest with a silver or higher rank.
Other tweaks and improvements are included as well – read about them below.
– When you are in an area afflicted with the noise curse, the background ambience will be replaced by chants (for clarity).
– The peek blocking corruption no longer denies you from looking through doors. This felt too unfair.
– Chaos Spiders will now flee, or at least fail to kill you, if they attack right as you are entering a door or closet.
– On Chaos+ difficulty, players will be able to sneak closely behind enemies without being unfairly killed.
– Chaos+ exclusive foes now have slightly different sounding footsteps so you can tell when there are multiple hunters in play.
– Revised the spawn times of some Chaos+ exclusive enemies to improve fairness.
– Minor graphical fixes to some costumes (the candle flames were too solid in a few).
– Fixed bug where on rare occasions, the player character flickers for a frame when a chapter is completed.
– Audio balancing for a lot of sound effects, many of which were too loud. There were also sound effects that would play twice in succession when they were not meant to.
And here’s a trailer for the War Maiden Mode in Clea and Clea 2: