Cozy Grove – “Summer Update” out now on Switch (version 2.0.0), patch notes and trailer
Posted on June 23, 2021 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
A major update has gone live for the life sim game Cozy Grove. Switch players can now access version 2.0.0.
Today’s update includes quality of life enhancements, balance changes, and bug fixes. Going into some of the specifics, changes include increasing the stack size limits of various items, increasing the amount of storage available to players early in the game, reducing the difficulty of several quests, and a whole bunch of UI improvements. There are also new features and content.
Below are the full patch notes:
- New feature: Critter-catching! A whole assortment of crawling and flying critters (with seasonal variation) will now populate the island. You can buy a net from Mr. Kit to catch them – like the fishing rod, it will never break. Mr. Kit is fond of critters and will pay a reasonable amount for any that you catch.
- New content: Decorations and Clothing! There’s a ton of new decorations, hairstyles and clothing that we’ve tucked into various parts of the game. Some is tied exclusively to certain events and/or bears.
- New content: Photo Standees! We’ve noticed a bunch of you sharing screenshots of yourself standing behind Jeremy Gruffle’s photo standee, so we added a bunch more to his biome. Every time the biome regenerates, one will randomly be selected.
- New event NPC: Ms. Carouse! Sometime this summer, Ms. Carouse will appear on the island, where she will remain for a couple weeks. This mysterious figure will kick off a celebration. That’s all we’re saying for now!
- New feature: Hug a Bear! Yeah, you can hug them now. 🙂
- New content: Treasure Maps and Lost Lore! It is now possible to find rare bits of “treasure maps” and “lost lore”. Once you’ve found all the pieces, you can assemble them for an especially large rewards!
- New content: more music! We’ve added two new, original songs to the game’s soundtrack.
- New feature: Stone Skipping! Every day, a limited number of mysterious, open-mouthed clamshells will reveal themselves beyond the shore. Find yourself a nice, flat skipping stone, toss it across the water into the clam, and rewards await you! Amazingly, these clams are as appreciative of a skillful, many-skip stone toss as we humans, and will more generously reward scouts who manage to sneak in a few extra skips before hitting their target.
- New event NPC: Darla O’Hare! Darla, like Pandam, will be gracing Cozy Grove with her presence one day every week (Saturdays). Darla is willing to sell you second hand items from her rather extensive clothing collection. This includes, but is not limited to, *wigs*, which are effectively hairstyles that you can keep forever in your closet. And if you let her, Darla will challenge you to dress up in a specific outfit for her; completing Darla’s challenge will result in her awarding you with a unique clothing item that is not available anywhere else in the game.
- New feature: animal naming! No longer will your dear deer “Squishy-Poo” run around nameless and forlorn.
- New content: more “decoy” item sets! We’ve had the ability to make you search for a specific item from a set of similar-looking items for a while now, but we haven’t made much use of it. In the Summer Update, we’ve added several new sets of decoy items to various quests.
- New feature: shell model collecting! For those of you who have unlocked a particular shell-loving bear, you can now take your shells to her and convert them into “shell models.” These models look identical to the originals – they’re just larger – and you can use them to decorate the island as you see fit.
Other very notable changes include:
- Stability improvements for older iOS devices and load time improvements for PS4;
- Allison’s Bakery only requires 5 minutes to prepare food instead of 60;
- Heartbroken imp pairs should spawn more reliably;
- We’ve added new salad recipes;
- Fruit trees produce more roasted fruit while berry bushes produce somewhat less (but still do it much faster);
- Kit will pay generously for berry bushes, if you want to trade some in; and
- Items that are auto-dropped will bounce, making them easier to see.
Get a closer look at the Cozy Grove update in the trailer below.
Source: Spry Fox PR