Cris Tales update out now on Switch, patch notes
Posted on December 16, 2021 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch
A major update has just landed for Cris Tales on Switch with a ton of new content and more. It includes the new playable character Adri, an all-new dungeon with exclusive enemies and a brand-new story, the new-and-improved Coliseum, a new ending (including a brand-new cutscene), significantly decreased load times on Nintendo’s console, and more.
Below are the full patch notes for today’s Cris Tales update:
Bonus Content DLC New Character – Adri
- Seventh playable character who will join your party.
- Adri is a robot mechanic who the player first encounters in St. Clarity. She plays a significant part in the late game story.
- In combat, Adri acts as a summoner, building simple machines such as mines and turrets that can be enhanced through Crisbell’s time powers.
- Alongside Adri comes a new mechanical themed dungeon.
- Brand new enemy encounters and unique puzzle solving mechanics.
Return of the new and improved Coliseum
- Battle waves of increasingly challenging enemies for new loot, chests, currency, and rewards.
- Accessed by speaking to the traveling merchant.
- New enemies and a completely original boss.
- Completion of the new content introduces a completely new cutscene and a new ending for the game.
- New content is accessible in the late game, and players who have already completed the game can just load their most recent save to experience the new content.
- Added a new playable character.
- Added a new side quest and dungeon, with new enemies and a new boss.
- Added a new Colosseum. Speak to the Wandering Merchant to test your mettle!
- (Switch only) Reduced loading times by approximately 30%.
- Fixed an infinite white loading screen that could rarely occur at the end of battles.
- Fixed a gameplay blocker that could rarely occur when a character’s syncro is interrupted.
- Fixed a gameplay blocker that could rarely occur during the Volcano Sisters boss fight.
- Fixed a gameplay blocker that could rarely happen during certain other boss fights.
- Fixed an issue with the Empress’ Gaol ability which could impact party composition after the battle.
- Fixed issues with minor graphical flickering in some backgrounds.
- Various text and graphical fixes.
Additional Nintendo Switch Patch Notes
- Fixed numerous text bugs.
- Fixed numerous user reported soft-locks.
- Fixed an achievement not being unlockable.
- Fixed enemies occasionally not appearing during a battle in the salt mines.
- Fixed the “burn” icon becoming distorted when using Impact Strikes.
- Adjusted pricing for Tents.
- Adjusted pricing for the Distortion Ring.
- Crisbell now learns Heal at level 2.
- The Empress will now use perfect heal for only two turns.
Aside from the patch notes, we also have a trailer showing the new Cris Tales update – give it a look below.
To celebrate today’s news, Cris Tales can be purchased for 50 percent off on Switch via the eShop starting December 23.