Cuphead update out now on Switch (version 1.3.3), patch notes
Studio MDHR has put out a new update for Cuphead, with the game moving up to version 1.3.3.
Unsurprisingly, the patch is mainly targeted at the recently-released The Delicious Last Course DLC. A bunch of fixes are included here, along with some adjustments.
The full patch notes for the Cuphead version 1.3.3 update are as follows:
- Revised DLC completion % calculations to better reflect completed progress in the DLC.
- Fixed bug which caused DLC’s final boss to get locked into certain animations, preventing proper phase progression.
- Fixed bug which caused the Esther Winchester boss to get locked into certain animations, preventing proper phase progression.
- Fixed rare bug which caused the Sally Stageplay boss to get locked into certain animations, preventing proper phase progression.
- Fixed bug preventing boss title cards from rendering when using EU Spanish language.
- Adjusted “Hearty” achievement to unlock more consistently.
- Fixed rare bug preventing NPC from giving players coins.
- Removed unintended Soul Contract from displaying after defeating the King Dice boss.
- Adjusted scoring conditions for “HP” score on result screen to allow for more consistent and clear scoring. Player HP score is now solely calculated based on remaining HP upon completing a fight.
- Fixed rare bug which resulted in players losing controller functionality while in Porkrind’s Shop.
- Fixed bug causing Super Art II for Ms. Chalice and Cuphead/Mugman to function improperly after the DLC’s final boss phase 1-2 transition.
- Fixed other erroneous player states after DLC final boss phase 1-2 transition.
- Fixed bug causing Ms. Chalice to remain active in levels despite removing the Astral Cookie charm in post-death equip menu.
- Fixed bug allowing player to equip and use other charms while still playing as Ms. Chalice.
- Fixed bug causing Ms. Chalice’s jumping parry collision to not function when near ground collision surfaces in some instances.
- Fixed minor animation issue with Ms. Chalice during the phase 1-2 transition of The Devil boss.
- Fixed bug in King of Games Queen boss fight allowing cannonball to spawn after player dies.
- Fixed bug preventing Glumstone the Giant’s phase 1 ground spike gnomes from activating for Player 2.
- Fixed bug preventing parrying pink moonshine barrel enemies in the Moonshine Mob boss from counting towards “Parry” category for scoring.
- Fixed bug allowing players to push Wally Warbles boss completely off screen during Phase 3.
- Fixed rare bug preventing proper progression through DLC’s introductory cutscene.
- Fixed rare issues with character collision on Inkwell Isle IV map.
- Fixed rare issues with character collision on returning to map from certain boss fights.
- Fixed rare bug preventing HP from properly carrying over between King Dice encounters.
- Fixed bug causing objects parried after defeating a boss to sometimes contribute to the “Parry” category for scoring.
- Fixed rare bug causing visual errors on post-death equip menu.
- Fixed visual layout of control mapping screen for non-16:9 aspect ratios.
- Fixed various typos and misspellings in DLC game credits.
- Various audio & SFX tweaks, fixes, and additions.
- Various minor animation fixes and tweaks
All players on Switch can download the new 1.3.3 update for Cuphead now.