Deck of Ashes launches on Switch this month, new trailer
Posted on April 7, 2022 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop, Videos
Deck of Ashes has secured a final release date on Switch. The adventure game with tactical card combat is slated for April 21, publisher Buka Entertainment and developer AYGames have announced.
Deck of Ashes will be sold on Switch as a Complete Edition with new “Tome of Dimensions” DLC included. This features Sibyl the Dark Soul as a new character who’s “looking to bring her race back from extinction.” Players can use Sibyl’s Deadly Shot ability to deal critical hits with different arrowheads, but she can also strengthen her power by resurrecting fallen enemies in the form of skeletons. That’s on top of two new effects in battle: Fear and Hysteria.
Additional information about Deck of Ashes can be found below.
A mashup of card battlers like Slay the Spire and Darkest Dungeon, Deck of Ashes challenges players to build creative decks to survive and take down enemies. Lead a group of rugged antiheros through a hellish fantasy world decimated by the Ash Curse, a plague that unleashed monsters and other mutations upon the land. Deck management is key, and every choice a player makes can strengthen their odds in battle or make things significantly more tricky. Find resources and upgrade items to further bolster HP and attack power. Deck of Ashes’ roguelike element means it’s especially vital to keep an eye on health–if the player dies, only the help of dark magic can prevent permadeath.
– Tactical card battler featuring a rogue’s gallery of anti heroes in search of redemption in an apocalyptic world
– Play as one of five Outcasts and build a deck to devastate enemies and ensure survival
– Gothic hand drawn art style that emphasizes the game’s nightmarish tone
– Explore an ever-changing, procedurally generated world in search of new cards and upgrade materials–but beware, as random events and ambushes may lurk right around the corner
– Strategically build a deck of cards that strengthens characters and devastates enemies–with over 100 cards to choose from for each character the possibilities are endless!
Along with a release date on Switch, Deck of Ashes has been given a new trailer as well. We’ve included it below.
Deck of Ashes will cost $24.99 on the Switch eShop. Fans will be able to take advantage of a 10 percent launch discount.
Source: Buka Entertainment PR