DNF Duel Switch release date set for April, new trailer
Original (12/21): The Switch version of DNF Duel, which was only just announced this month, already has a release date. Publisher Nexon along with developers Neople, Arc System Works, and Eighting confirmed that the fighter will be ready to go on April 20, 2023.
It was also announced that a new season pass is in the pipeline which will bring about five new DLC characters, which includes Spectre. Presumably this content will be offered on Switch.
Action fighting at its extreme! One of the most popular and widely played RPGs in the world, Dungeon and Fighter is now back as a 2.5D action fighting game. Choose from 16 charming characters, each with their distinct skills and personalities. Outsmart, outplay, or downright beat up your opponents and become the master of the Ultimate Will!
Modes & Features
– Online Mode: Ranked Match, Player Match, Ranking
– Local Mode: Free Battle, Story Mode, Arcade Mode, Survival Mode
– Practice Mode: Training Mode, Tutorial
– Collection: Player Profile, Replay Library, Gallery, Glossary
– Meet your Favorite DNF Characters Up-Close and Personal: DNF Duel flawlessly reinterprets the iconic classes from the classic Dungeon and Fighter RPG. Whether it’s the lightning-fast and flashy gunshots of the sly Ranger or the uninhibited raw power of the frenzied Berserker, each character’s iconic traits have been heightened and reworked. A total of 16 unique characters are available: Berserker, Striker, Grappler, Inquisitor, Dragon Knight, Ranger, Hitman, Kunoichi, Enchantress, Vanguard, Swift Master, Ghostblade, Troubleshooter, Crusader, Launcher, and an unlockable Hidden Character.
– A Breathtaking World Born from the Dungeon and Fighter Universe: 17 years of lore is integrated within the storytelling and character development of DNF Duel, supported by the stunning graphic details that merge seamlessly with the stage designs of Arad. Enjoy your duels in 8 diverse stages: Sky Tower, Oceanic Express, Moonlight Tavern, Hendon Myre, Ghent City of God, Saint Horn, Zelva, Ruins.
– Unique Combat Mechanisms for Strategic Fighting: DNF Duel takes the fighting game genre to a whole new level with its unique combat system and tactics. Each character has their signature moves and strengths, which are further accentuated by their Awakening effects. Don’t forget to keep track of your MP Gauge and White Damage Gauge, lest your opponent catches you by surprise!
– Enjoy Extensive Additional Content: Story Mode allows you to play through each character’s origin story, offering a fully immersive experience into the world of Dungeon and Fighter. Customize your player profile, and unlock exclusive wallpapers and sounds in the Gallery!
In case you missed it previously, here’s some information about DNF Duel:
A new trailer which includes the release date news for DNF Duel on Switch can be found below.
Update (1/2): You can now pre-order the physical version of DNF Duel for Switch here.
Nintendo Everything is a participant in the Amazon, Best Buy, and GameStop affiliate programs. The website may receive a partial commission through orders placed with these retailers.