Dredge details upcoming free updates and DLC, roadmap released
Team17 and Black Salt Games aren’t done with Dredge, as plans for free updates and downloadable content have been announced. This was also accompanied by an official roadmap, which we have above.
Here’s the full rundown:
- Map Markers (Q2 2023) – One of the features requested by so many of you is extended functionality for the in-game map, and we’re excited to introduce this with our first free update in May. The addition of map markers will allow you to select from different colored icons representing everything from dangers, shipwrecks, mysteries, and more, enabling more effective navigation between locations than before. Additionally, this update will include some fixes and balance changes.
- Photo Mode and Wildlife (Q2 2023)
- In our second update, two new modes will introduce very different ways to experience DREDGE. The first is Passive Mode, which caters to players who prefer a less intense experience. Monsters that usually attack fishing boats will no longer be aggressive, allowing players to focus on fishing and enjoying the serene surroundings.
- This update’s second mode is another much requested feature: Photo mode. But rather than just add the ability with a simple menu option, we’re taking a different approach. When it launches, our photo mode will see the addition of a new in-game character who’ll help players unlock their camera ability and share clues on where to find some of the local marine wildlife as subjects for your photography, some of which will be brand new in this update. The mode will be ‘hooked’ into the PlayStation‘s screenshot sharing ability so you can share your captures, whether that be of majestic whales or nightmarish abominations from the deep.
- Boat Point (Q3 2023) – Our third free update will introduce boat customizations such as paint schemes and flags. As you explore the coastlines and bayous of DREDGE, you’ll unlock new boat paint schemes and flags to make your fishing vessel really stand out. We’ll have more information on both updates two and three later in the year.
Paid Downloadable Content
- Untitled Downloadable Content (Q4 2023) – Finally, we will be developing a paid and entirely optional downloadable content featuring the mysterious Ironhaven Corporation. They’re looking to establish an innovative drilling operation in the area to revitalize the towns and populations, but their ultimate goal is unknown. As you gather materials to construct new buildings and biomatter to fuel the rig, meet new characters, craft new equipment, and catch new fish, you may uncover the truth behind their potentially nefarious operations.
Dredge launched on Switch about a month ago. It is currently available both physically and digitally.