Fortnite Season X, new update out now (version 10.0.0) – patch notes
Posted on August 1, 2019 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
Fortnite has received its biggest update in quite some time, as version 10.0.0 is out now. Alongside that, Season X has officially started.
Below are the full patch notes:
Season X – Battle Pass
New Season, new Battle Pass. 100 levels, over 100 new rewards. Find out more information on everything that’s new in Season X in the announce blog. In Season X, you’ll have the ability to gift the Battle Pass to a friend! Available on all platforms (timing may vary per regions) until August 15th. Your first purchase also includes a unique Gift Box for you to use when gifting items from the shop.
Few suits make you feel as powerful as a mech suit does. In this two-person vehicle, players can control its movement while their partner controls its firepower. Those feeling extra adventurous can operate it solo by switching between moving and shooting!
The Zero Point Explosion has made the island volatile! Locations once thought to be lost are beginning to appear, but they aren’t the same as they once were… Drop in and explore to discover what mysterious gameplay changes they have in store.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- This vehicle can be operated by up to two players. If two players are operating it, one (the driver) controls movement, while the other (the gunner) rains down missiles and shotgun shots.
- The driver is able to:
- Dash into combat.
- Super Jump to victory.
- Stomp enemies and structures into the ground.
- Anything you would normally harvest will grant materials when destroyed.
- The passenger has two weapons at their disposal: a shotgun and a missile launcher.
- Clip Size: 10
- Damage: 50
- Headshot Multiplier: 1.5x
- Missile Launcher
- Fires up to 10 missiles at once.
- Holding down Trigger will begin loading missiles.
- After releasing Trigger, or after 10 missiles have been loaded, all missiles will automatically fire.
- New Mechanic: Overshield
- Consumes 200 of any Material type to create a personal overshield for 5 seconds to protect you in the mech.
- Quad Crasher
- Flint Knock Pistol
- Shadow Bomb
- Semi-Auto Sniper
- Tactical Assault Rifle
- Mounted Turret
- Air Strike
- Itemized Glider Redeploy (still available in large team modes)
- Over time, we have added many mobility options, both itemized and map-based. We feel that Season X is better experienced with a reduction in mobility. As with all changes, we’ll keep a close eye on how this affects the player experience.
- Fixed the Heavy Shotgun not piercing through water in modes where it is available.
- All Campfires now heal vehicles.
- The Storm Scout Sniper Rifle no longer has perfect hip-fire accuracy after aiming down sights.
- Boogie Bombs and Grenades no longer pass through vehicles.
- New Battle Pass feature!
- Missions are a series of thematic objectives that grant rewards. As you complete these objectives, you’ll earn Battle Stars, XP, and exclusive cosmetic items.
- More information about Missions can be found in the Battle Pass and Challenges tabs.
- Fixed an issue involving players getting stuck under a ramp as it’s placed.
- Arena Game Mode updates!
- Season kicks off with Solos and Trios Arena.
- Hype will be reset at the start of Season X, with a new scoring structure in place.
- 10 Divisions – point values have been increased, but progression should be roughly the same. The bolded divisions are new.
- Open I (0 – 499)
- Open II (500 – 999)
- Open III (1000 – 1499)
- Open IV (1500 – 1999)
- Contender I (2000 – 2999)
- Contender II (3000 – 4499)
- Contender III (4500 – 6499)
- Champion I (6500 – 9999)
- Champion II (10000 – 13999)
- Champion III (14000+)
- Scoring model updates – standardized points and bus fares across all playlists.
- Eliminations: 20pt
- Top 25: 60pt
- Top 15: 30pt
- Top 5: 30pt
- Victory Royale: 60pt
- Eliminations: 7pt (per team member)
- Top 8: 60pt
- Top 4: 30pt
- Top 2: 30pt
- Victory Royale: 60pt
- Bus fare increases at Divisions 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9 and 10.
- Matchmaking in Arena is still based on players with similar Hype. Players in higher divisions may experience longer-than-normal wait times to ensure higher-quality matches.
- Improved level streaming performance for all platforms by optimizing the way assets are preloaded. This reduces cases in which players land on buildings with a low level of detail, particularly on Switch and Xbox One.
ART + ANIMATION
- The Ride the Pony Emote is now a traversal Emote.
- Players who earned the Ride the Pony Emote from the Season 2 Battle Pass have been given a new, additional traversal Emote: Pony Up!
- Added new bullet impact sounds.
- Increased the volume of distant gunfire and Gliders.
- Increased Chest volume and audio range by 10%.
- Ambient sound no longer cuts out when players walk between biomes.
- Pressing the Main Menu button on controllers now defaults focus to the Main Menu (right side of the screen).
- The loading content message will no longer be stuck at 0% when players are matchmaking.
- Fixed a Lobby camera issue when returning from a replay.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the selection of different players in the Lobby after switching from different game modes.
- Selecting Leave Match no longer prevents a player in your party sitting out in the Lobby from entering matchmaking.
- A new camera mode, Battle Map, has been added to server replays. This camera mode shows:
- A path of where the followed player has been during the match.
- The locations of the eliminations the followed player has done during the match.
- Exiting a vehicle won’t reload the player’s weapon.
- The button for skipping cutscenes is now visible on Android.
- Vertical black lines aren’t displayed on the Challenges page.
- The Settings Menu will properly display when language is set to Spanish.
- The text on the menu buttons in the Settings Menu is aligned.
- Quick Heal button won’t appear when falling or after opening the map.
- Scaling the Quick Heal button in the HUD Layout Tool won’t cause the icon to change to the item’s icon in the inventory.
- Quick Heal button won’t disappear from the HUD Layout tool when another button is modified.
- Players are able to open doors or Chests while using the ADS button.
- Build mode button will correctly change to the Weapon mode button when pressing it on Android.
- Added header on multiple widgets in the HUD Layout Tool.
- Graphical improvement of CloudBreaker outfit.
- Graphical improvement of the blue variant of the Sea Wolf outfit.
- Freefall icon will be displayed when falling to the map.
- ADS button won’t be displayed when driving a vehicle that you entered while holding a gun.
- When updating the Banner Trooper outfit, players won’t disappear in the Locker, and the proper Banner will be displayed.
- Edit button will be displayed when using passenger seat.
- Screen won’t turn black when looking inside of a body of water.
- Jump button won’t remain greyed out after players press it.
- Audio improvements.
- Fixed the occasional static sounds on Android.
- Tapping with interactable items in Edit mode will no longer cause the camera to lock.
- Player won’t be able to edit through structures.
- Ex: Looking at your wall and being able to edit another structure (floor, ramp, roof).
- Fixed an unopenable Chest near Polar Peak.
Advanced Storm Controller
- Now you can replicate the Battle Royale 10 wave storm, or you can create your own multi-phase storm.
Advanced Storm Beacon
- This allows you to customize specific phases or to set the number of phases of the Advanced Storm Controller.
- While in a Weapon-Free Zone, a player cannot fire a weapon, swing a pickaxe, throw a grenade, or use items.
Junkyard Juke LTM
- Bring junk to the incinerator to receive points for your team. The bigger piece of junk, the more points.
Sky Station Showdown LTM
- Battle the other squads to claim the most points from the capture zones! Climb to the top of the Fast Food towers while protecting your VIP! Use impulse grenades and other power ups to blast other teams out of the capture zones!
- Added the Grid Island – A flat island entirely covered with grid squares to help with building measurements. The white grid square marks the center of the island. This island is low to the ocean to give the most room for building possible.
- Added options for Team Rotation to allow for rotating between teams at various rounds.
- Added 3rd, 4th, 5th , 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 20th, 40th, 60th options
- Every Round and Every Other Round are still available, too.
- Added a “Team Visuals Determined At” game option for controlling what cosmetic details (Team Names, Team Colors, etc) are associated with teams in game modes where the teams rotate from round to round.
- Round Start, Game Start (default: Round Start)
- Fixed an issue where players could appear at the wrong location before a game started.
- Fixed an issue where Spawn Immunity would not be cancelled when firing a weapon.
- Fixed an issue with Spawn Immunity Time not actually showing the visual effects for the selected duration.
- The Secondary Ability (Exit Vehicle) button will be visible when in the Baller.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Fixed an issue where players could lose the ability to aim or crouch after using the Prop-O-Matic.
- Fixed an issue with Prop-O-Matic where collisions would no longer work after possessing certain types of props.
- Fixed an issue with Prop-O-Matic with camera positioning when possessing spotlight props.
- Fixed an issue where certain mirror and painting props would have the wrong orientation when possessed by Prop-O-Matic.
- Fixed an issue that caused mounted turrets to drift downward over time.
PREFABS & GALLERIES
- Added the Risky Reels Prefab.
- Added the Risky Reels Gallery.
- Added more props to the Cabin Prop Gallery.
- Added the campground arch to the Cabin Gallery.
- Added more RV variants and the Snow Cone Truck to Car Gallery A.
- Added additional car colors to Car Gallery B and removed the cars from Car Gallery A.
- Fixed grass from clipping through the Throne Pedestal in the Castle Prop Gallery.
- Fixed the Kitchen Pans & Kitchen Knives props disappearing while in low detail mode.
- Fixed the Volcano Vent in the Air Vent Gallery facing the wrong way.
- Fixed some visual issues with the sidewalk floors from the Paradise Palms Prefabs & Galleries.
- Added “When Exploded Transmit On” setting to Explosive Devices that triggers when the object is detonated.
- Added Team Settings device channel trigger for when a team is eliminated.
- Added a 20 Seconds option to the Player Capture Time setting for the Capture Area device.
- Added new Reset Times Triggered When Receiving From setting to Trigger device, which upon receipt, resets the counter for the number of times the Trigger has been activated.
- The Timer’s display now flashes when the timer completes.
- Fixed an issue where Timers would not be synchronized between all players.
- Fixed an issue where Timer would trigger 1 second too late.
- Fixed an issue where timer would play a sound every time it spawned (rather than only on placement).
- Fixed Timer Device being able to be destroyed. It’s now indestructible.
- New Options
- Team (Any, 1-16. Default: Any). Which team can start or stop the Timer.
- Complete Once (Yes, No. default: No). Will lock the device after it’s completed once. Allows the Timer to be used as a ‘Fastest Time’ trigger. A locked timer requires to be Reset via a received message before it can be used again.
- Complete on End (Yes, No. Default:Yes). Whether or not the timer counts as Completed when it hits 00:00. Set to No to be used as a race to trigger it before it ends.
- Show Trigger (Yes / No. Default: Yes). Shows or Hides the trigger pad on the device. When No, you’ll need to remotely trigger the device rather than having players manually activate it by touching the pad.
- Alarm Audio (None / Siren. Default: Siren). Enables or disables the siren setting.
- Alarm Volume (Very Low, Low, Medium, Loud, Very Loud. Default: Very Loud).
- Score Value (-20 – 20. Default: 0). Provides score to the person who triggered / completed the timer when it completes.
- Lap Time Team (Activating Team, None, 1-16. Default: None). Defines which team to update the lap time for when this timer is completed. Lap time is a new option in the Island’s UI Settings that can be shown on the scoreboard and used as a win condition.
- Lap Time Style (Count Up, Count Down. Default: Count Down). Counting up sends the total time elapsed to the scoreboard. Counting down sends the remaining time.
- Added Receiver Support:
- Start when Receiving From. Starts the timer.
- Pause When Receiving From. Pauses the timer.
- Reset When Receiving From. Resets the timer back to its initial state (auto-starting it if the auto-start setting is on).
- Enable When Receiving From. Powers-up, allowing it to be used.
- Disable When Receiving From. Powers-down, stopping it counting-down or receiving input.
- Complete when Receiving From. Completes the Timer, stopping it, triggering the alarm and updating the lap time (if set).
- Set Lap Time when Receiving From. Sends the lap time to the scoreboard (if set) without stopping the timer.
- Added Transmitter Support:
- When Complete Transmit On. Sends a signal on a specific channel when the timer completes.
- New Options
- Enable on Minigame Start option (Yes, No. Default: Yes). Whether it can be touched to change color at the start of the minigame, or needs to be enabled before doing so.
- Adding Receiver support
- Enable on Received From. Allows this to be changed in color when touched.
- Disable on Received From: Disallows color changing on touch.
- Reset on Received From: Resets to the default color.
- Set on Received From: Sets the block to the team of the player that sent the signal, allowing for remote activation.
- Zone Visible In Game (Off/On)
- Base Visible In Game (Off/On)
- Zone Width (½, 1-20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100)
- Zone Depth (½, 1-20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100)
- Zone Height (½, 1-20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100)
- Enabled On Game Start (Enabled/Disabled)
- Receiver Support:
- Enable When Receiving From – Allows the Zone to turn on when receiving a remote signal
- Disable When Receiving From – Allows the Zone to be turned off when receiving a remote signal
- Fixed an issue which prevented Creature Spawners from being damageable when invulnerability and environmental damage were set to off.
- Fixed an issue with Explosive Device exploding during warm up phase if a player was nearby when the match was started.
- Fixed issue where Barrier Volumes could block Spectator Drones.
- Fixed issue where Barrier visuals would sometimes still be visible even when disabled.
- Fixed Creature Spawners not spawning creatures in Playgrounds mode in some cases.
- Fixed Shooting Gallery targets not detonating proximity grenades.
- Fixed an issue where in some cases, Devices configured with receivers wouldn’t react to transmitters every other round.
- Fixed an issue where the Music Sequencer would not always stop playback when expected.
UI + SOCIAL
- Fixed a typo in Damage Self Weapon Filter Team Setting option.
- Fixed a typo in Allow Items to be Dropped setting in Game Settings tab.