Fortnite update out now (version 10.40.1)
Posted on October 1, 2019 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
Another update for Fortnite is now available. With version 10.40.1, players can access Out of Time, Switch CPU optimizations, and more.
The full patch notes are as follows:
Out of Time
We’re heading into overtime… before we’re out of time. Complete the objectives in the Out of Time Overtime Mission for end-of-Season rewards that include XP, cosmetics, and a commemorative Loading Screen.
Out of Time will begin on Tuesday, October 8.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Flint-Knock Pistol
- We may be almost out of time, but we’re not out just yet — Season X has been extended a week!
- Gotham City and the Batman Caped Crusader Pack will be available until the end of Season X.
- Out of Time
- Season X’s Overtime Mission is coming soon! The Out of Time Mission will be available from Tuesday, October 8 at 9 AM ET until Sunday, October 13 at 2 PM ET.
- Complete Out of Time’s objectives to earn end-of-Season rewards, including XP, cosmetics, and a Loading Screen that serves as a Season X memento.
- Zone Wars
- Zones Wars Desert, Vortex, Colosseum, and Downhill River LTMs have been consolidated into two LTM playlists. Queue into either playlist to play one of the four Zone Wars maps at random.
- Zone Wars: Party
- Queue with a party larger than one into a free-for-all experience.
- Zone Wars: Solo
- Queue by yourself into a free-for-all experience.
- Resolved an issue involving some players having difficulty queuing into The Combine.
- Because this issue has been resolved, The Combine has been re-enabled on iOS and Android.
- Resolved a level streaming issue that occurred with v10.40 causing an increase in players landing in low-detail environments on Nintendo Switch.
- Please note that this fix will result in a larger download for the system.
- Improved the performance of a cosmetic material to address hitches caused by the material.
ART + ANIMATION
- The map now shows the correct aerial view for Gotham City.
- Party Hub
- Improved the search bar functionality to make it easier to search for friends.
- Resolved a visual issue in which microphones would be displayed as on when players weren’t in voice chat.
- From server on September 27
- Resolved an issue involving some display names not being presented properly on The Combine’s leaderboards.
Meteor Prop Gallery
Add this doomsday dilemma to your games!
PREFABS & GALLERIES
- Added 1 New Prefab.
- Meteor – The Meteor Prefab consists of all the rocks and particles from the Meteor Galleries but grouped together in one giant package.
- Added 3 New Galleries.
- Meteor Prop Gallery
- Meteor Core Gallery
- Meteor Particle Gallery
- From server on September 27
- Resolved an issue in which Alt-Tabbing would cause all props on a map to become destructible.
- General CPU optimizations for Nintendo Switch. This is to improve the framerate in heavy scenes.
- Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur from checking a player’s platform. (Most common in Save the World.)
- Fixed a crash on mobile platforms that would sometimes occur from backgrounding the application and returning to the foreground.