King’s Bounty II update out now on Switch (version 1.5), patch notes
Another update for King’s Bounty II was recently made available on Switch, bringing the game to version 1.5. It comes with more gameplay and balance changes, stability improvements, and more.
Continue on below for the full King’s Bounty II patch notes pertaining to update version 1.5.
Gameplay and balance changes
• Added a new kind of interaction with NPC when the main character riding a horse.
• Corrected and improved the additional turn — now unit can get an additional turn if users choose the defensive tactic.
• Corrected and improved the skill Taunt — from now on, the ability is applied to a specific target, which the player or AI must choose himself (for one turn). The unit targeted by the Taunt receives a debuff and users (or AI) loses control over this unit. This unit will attack the one who imposed this debuff on it.
• Enemy hero (captain) moved to a free hex in the arena during the quest The Missing Treasurers.
• Fixed an issue with the impossibility of blocking Taunt by using Resilience talent.
• Fixed an issue where a dragon could attack an allied squad standing on a hex with defeated enemy squad.
• Added two additional quicksave slots.
• Added a new setting to hide the shield, weapon, and hats during dialogues.
• From now on, users can move several units at once from the reserve to the main army.
• Improved and corrected the display of the impossibility of healing killed soldiers at the end of the battle.
• Improved and corrected the display of charges of skills and notifications about recharging/the reason for the inability to use the skill.
• Removed the display of the cost of talent when it has already been studied.
• Added a special hint with the description of the reason for the impossibility of learning a spell from the scroll.
• Added a special hint with the description of the reason for the impossibility of equipping high-rank items.
• Added a special hint with the amount of health in numbers during battles and on before/winning battle screens.
• Fixed an issue where the lower combat panel hints are not showing during the battle when using the main settings.
• Fixed an issue with the intersection of the quest title with the main quest journal tasks.
• Fixed an issue with the tracking quests system (if users choose one quest point).
• Fixed an issue where users can’t select anything in the main menu and pause menu.
• Fixed an issue with the missing scrollbar when users buy units from Recruiters (if they offer more than five squads at once).
• Reduced camera distance above the ground in several areas.
• Fixed an issue with camera shake when users try to choose squads in small arenas.
• Fixed an issue where an item’ or set’ spell was displayed in the book of magic.
Fixed an issue where wounded soldiers were displayed as defeated in predicting a retaliatory attack in the presence of the passive skill Fatal Strike.
Graphics, sound, animation and general stability
• Fixed any possible crashes during battles in the quest The Scryer’s Trials.
• Fixed an issue where lighting changes dramatically at the entrance to the dungeon on the quest Iron Men.
• Added a special sound effect when users are buying weapons and shields from merchants.
• Fixed an issue where lighting changes dramatically in Floster.
• Fixed an issue where lighting changes dramatically near the tomb in a large cemetery.
• Fixed an issue where the atmosphere can change dramatically due to the influence of The Blight.
• Fixed an issue with blinking light in the cave during the quest Haven of the Enlightened Ones.
• Fixed an issue with the lighting in Valbert’s office and dwarf camp during the quest Axes and Splinters.
• Fixed an issue with blinking light in the house of Carabose during the quest Tricked Witch.
• Fixed an issue with textures of Militiaman’s Shield equipment and weapons.
• Updated and improved visual effect for the skill Taunt.
• Fixed an issue with the texture of the Spirits of Light unit. Also, their portrait in different menus has been changed.
• Fixed an issue with no visual effect when using Precise Strike ability (Spearmen unit).
• Fixed an issue with the wrong squad title Free Archers in the German localization (from now on — Freie Bogenschützen)
• Fixed an issue with the wrong description of skill Taunt in the English localization (from now on — “Inflicts the Taunt debuff on enemy unit”).
• Fixed an issue with the description of the skill Replenish in the English (for now on — “Completely restores its own Health. Consumes Attack AP”).
• Fixed an issue where players couldn’t claim the achievement “Folly of the Brave” if the main hero is wearing clothes with the ability to cast a spell at the beginning of the battle.
• The battle and the ending of the quest In the Void have been fixed and improved.
• Added a new cutscene at the end of the quest Exceeding Expectations.
• Remedius moves from the Old Tower after completing the quest Through the Quarantine (the Anarchy path).
• Added a special reward-scroll for completing the quest Village Healer.
• Added a special target for the Uncover the Order of Mages’ secrets sub-quest during the main quest Philanthropist and Patron of the Arts.
• Added the treasury chest title during the quest The Missing Treasurers.
• Fixed an issue with incorrect calculation of Ideal points in the quest Finding Lindsey (path of Finesse).
• Fixed an issue with a missing The Scryer’s Trials battle if users choose the Finesse path during Julian and Rosaline’s quest and entering the portal.
• Fixed an issue with the appearance of Norman’s doubles during the quest Finding Lindsey.
• Fixed an issue with the impossibility of completing the quest Village Healer.
• Fixed an issue with closing the gate and blocking the path of Anarchy during the quest Aranox’s Shadow.
• Fixed an issue with the horse and riding near the light bridge during the quest Haven of the Enlightened Ones.
• Improved camera during the quest Haven of the Enlightened Ones.
• Fixed an issue with the portal of Berengarius during the quest Cold Bones.
• Removed the mark from Serebros when users are collecting flowers and preparing for the ritual during the quest The Reckless.
• Quest Philanthropist and Patron of the Arts: from now on, the cutscene starts only at the entrance to the courtyard of the Dupont estate.
• Fixed an issue with the impossibility of receiving the seal of Erasmus when Belinda appears during the quest The Ritual.
• Fixed an issue when players can see Razer Chroma setting in the main menu.
• Fixed an issue when heroes’ descriptions overlapping with the Talents’ descriptions (Japanese localization only).
All players can download the new King’s Bounty II version 1.5 Switch update now.