Mario Kart 8 Deluxe update out now (version 2.1.0), patch notes
Nintendo just released a new 2.1.0 update for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and the full patch notes are available.
It goes without saying, but the main highlight is support for the second round of Booster Course Pass DLC tracks. However, there are some changes and adjustments as well. For example, the amount of ghosts you can download has doubled to 32, the time it takes for item boxes to regenerate has been shortened further, and more.
The full patch notes for the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe version 2.1.0 update are as follows:
Support for DLC
- Now supports paid DLC: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass, Wave 2 (two cups and eight courses).
- Increased the number of ghosts you can download from 16 to 32.
- Adjusted the extent to which a vehicle is thrown, depending on its weight.
- Further shortened the time it takes for item boxes to regenerate after another player takes them.
- Shortened the time it takes for one player to be able to pick up a coin that another player has dropped.
- Made it so that it is easier to face the way forward in mid-air when using Smart Steering.
- The cars that the Shy Guys are riding in in Wii Coconut Mall now move from time to time in all modes other than the Time Trial mode.
- Fixed issue where player could not choose a DLC course even though a player in the lobby in “Friends” has the Booster Course Pass.
- Fixed issue where player did not receive coins even though they used the Feather in Coin Runners to steal a rival’s coins.
- Fixed issue where player could receive two items from one item box in N64 Toad’s Turnpike.
All players can download the new Mario Kart 8 Deluxe update now. The Booster Course Pass DLC is available at no extra cost to Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pass members, but it can also be purchased standalone for $24.99.