Mario Kart 8 Deluxe version 2.2.0 patch notes
Nintendo has now shared the official patch notes for the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe version 2.2.0 update.
Naturally, the biggest element here is support for the game’s third wave of Booster Course Pass DLC. That’s not all to it, however. As we reported earlier today, a Custom Items feature has been added. Nintendo has also implemented some other adjustments and fixes.
The full patch notes for the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe version 2.2.0 update are as follows:
Support for DLC
- Now supports paid DLC: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass, Wave 3 (two cups and eight courses).
- Added “Custom Items” to item Rules.
- This is a feature that lets you decide which items appear.
- This is supported in VS Race, Balloon Battle, Coin Runners, Shine Thief, Renegade Roundup, Playing with friends, Tournaments, and Wireless Play.
- Items that have not been set to appear may still appear according to the connection environment and game situation.
- When getting struck by lightning while gliding through the air, the glider no longer closes.
- The period of invincibility after spinning or crashing now changes, depending on the driver or machine parts.
- When a user cannot download any new ghost data, they can now delete all the ghost data they downloaded until then.
- Deleted “Recommended” in Tournaments.
- Fixed an issue where coins would not be added when touching an opponents’ Crazy Eight coin.
- Fixed an issue where there was a communication error when using the item Boo.
- Fixed an issue where using the Super Horn would not hit more than one opponent at the same time.
- Fixed an issue where images in SNES Mario Circuit 3 would look distorted.
- Fixed an issue where a player could not acquire multiple items in a row in GBA Snow Land.
- Fixed an issue where points would not be added to a member list, when spectating an online match.
- Fixed an issue where, when selecting a team, the COM characters that actually play in the game were not the same as shown on selection screen.
- Fixed an issue where the warning sound was not playing when a Red Shell or Spiny Shell comes from behind.
- Other adjustments and corrections were made to improve the gameplay experience.
All players on Switch can download the new Mario Kart 8 Deluxe version 2.2.0 update now.