More Pokemon GO data mining suggests buddy system feature is coming
Pokemon GO data miners are once again pouring through the game’s code in hope of finding new secrets. What’s been found today may suggest that a new feature is coming.
In Pokemon GO’s latest version, there are references to a buddy system. Pokemon GO Hub summarizes what we know thus far:
- Pokemon Buddy System is using the same server side distance calculation as the one used for Pokemon Eggs
- Walking your Pokemon Buddy will award you with candy. The amount of candy is yet to be determined.
- You can walk the same Pokemon Buddy multiple times, but there is likely a daily limitfor obtained candy
- You can walk with only one Buddy Pokemon at a time
- There are various looks of Buddy Pokemon
- Medium size
- Big size
- Flying next to you
- Rests on your shoulder
Based on these findings, we may see a buddy system added to Pokemon GO in an update soon. As always, we’ll keep you informed about future patches.