New Pokemon GO update live (version 1.3.0 / 0.33.0) – driving warning, XP fix, battery saver back on iOS
Update: We now have slightly more extensive patch notes – see below.
Pokemon GO’s latest update (version 1.3.0 / 0.33.0) is starting to go live. It’s a bit more involved than the last one, as Niantic has addressed a bug with XP bonuses and the battery saver mode has returned on iOS. Additionally, there’s now a driver warning as well as the ability to change your nickname once.
Currently, the update is available on Android. The same patch should be up for iOS users very shortly.
Head past the break for the official patch notes.
– Added a dialog to remind Trainers that they should not play while traveling above a certain speed. Trainers must confirm they are not driving in order to continue playing
– Made improvements to the accuracy of a curveball throw
– Fixed a bug that prevented ”Nice,” ”Great,” and “Excellent” Poké Ball throws from awarding the appropriate XP bonuses
– Fixed achievements showing incorrect Medal icons
– Enabled the ability for Trainers to change their nickname one time, so please choose your new nickname wisely
– Resolved issues with the battery saver mode on iOS and re-enabled this feature
– Added visuals of Team leaders – Candela, Blanche and Spark
– We’re currently testing a variation of the “Nearby Pokemon” feature with a subset of users. During this period you may see some variation in the nearby Pokemon UI.
– Minor text fixes