No Straight Roads gets new August release date and trailer
No Straight Roads, a new music-based action-adventure for Switch, was previously on track for a June 30 release before being delayed to sometime this summer. Publisher Sold Out and developer Metronomik provided an update today and announced a new release date of August 25. The game will initially be distributed via the eShop, followed by physical versions “shortly after.”
Here’s an overview of No Straight Roads, along with a trailer:
Take back Vinyl City – with rock! Embark on a music-based action-adventure as indie rock band members Mayday & Zuke and lead a musical revolution against EDM empire No Straight Roads. After being unfairly rejected in their audition to join No Straight Roads, Mayday & Zuke uncover the evil intentions behind the NSR empire. It’s now down to them to save their city from corruption. Enjoy fast & frenetic combat with a musical twist as these two aspiring rock artists fight back with the power of music!
• A unique music-based action-adventure game that puts music & sound at the heart of the gameplay.
• Music is power! Fight an evil empire & lead the musical revolution to take back control of Vinyl City.
• Two playable characters, Mayday & Zuke, each with their own music-based weapons and attacks.
• An action-adventure with a musical twist. Players can attack, jump and move freely while enemies attack to the beat of the music.
• Change the world – with music! Harness the power of music to transform props into weapons and shift between rock & EDM in a seamless and dynamic manner.
• Experience 8 extraordinary levels inspired by different genres of music.
• Defeat giant, memorable bosses with unique personalities.
• An energetic soundtrack filled with awesome music.
• Upgrade your skill tree to improve your abilities & defeat NSR.
In celebration of today’s news, fans can access a mini original soundtrack for No Straight Roads with a selection of music tracks from digital music stores and streaming services.
Source: Sold Out PR