Overwatch Switch tech analysis
Posted on October 18, 2019 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Switch eShop, Videos
It took quite some time, but Overwatch finally made it to Switch this week. As is traditional for Digital Foundry, the outlet has examined the port from a technical perspective.
Here are the highlights:
– Lower texture quality on Switch compared to other platforms
– Dynamic 900p resolution when docked
– Dynamic 720p resolution when portable
– Both resolutions may drop depending on what’s happening on screen
– Game looks similar on docked and portable modes
– Character models, lighting effects like bloom, and map details are carried over on Switch
– Ambient occlusion cut back
– Objects and decorative elements like foliage are cut
– 30 frames per second
– Some frame rate drops in absolute worst cases, particularly in handheld mode
Check out Digital Foundry’s full analysis below, which includes a PS4 comparison.