Pokemon Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl update 1.1.0 update patch notes
Nintendo has shared details on a day one update planned for Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Pokemon Shining Pearl, which will put the games at version 1.1.0.
This patch is very significant, as it makes certain features and content accessible. This includes access to Grand Underground, Super Contest Show, Union Room, and Mystery Gift. Other additions are also included.
Below are the full patch notes for the Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl version 1.1.0 update:
- Addition of Grand Underground, Super Contest Show, Union Room and Mystery Gift communication features
You will be able to enjoy local and online communication features of the Grand Underground, Super Contest Show and Union Room. Additionally, you will also become able to receive gifts using the Mystery Gift feature.
- Addition of content after entering the Hall of Fame
Some content that becomes playable after entering the Hall of Fame, including Ramanas Park, will be added in the update.
- Note: even if you have already entered the Hall of Fame before downloading the update, downloading it will allow you to play the additional content.
- Addition of some in-game cutscenes and animations
Some in-game cutscenes and animations will be added in the update, including the game’s ending cutscene and the title screen animation that is played when opening the software.
- Note: you can view the title screen animation by starting up the software with existing save data and with the update installed. Even if you have already entered the Hall of Fame before the update is installed, you can view the ending cutscene by entering the Hall of Fame again afterwards.
- Other adjustments and corrections were made to improve the gameplay experience.
- Regarding a planned update after release
On the release date for the software, up to two players will be able to interact in local and online play in the Union Room, and you will be able to select the “Battle”, “Trade” and “Mix Records” functions. In an update that will be made available after the software releases, the maximum number of players will be increased, and the “Greeting” and “Capsule Decoration” functions will become available.
Additionally, trading using the GWS in Jubilife City and the use of the Colosseum feature inside Pokémon Centers will also be added in a post-release update.
All players will be able to access the Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl version 1.1.0 update no later than November 11. Note that 3GB of free space will be required for the patch.