Pokemon Masters EX update out now (version 2.27.0), patch notes
Pokemon Masters EX has received its regular monthly update, bringing the game to version 2.27.0. On top of the usual bug fixes and minor adjustments, the game is receiving a few quality of life changes, such as the addition of a Restart Battle feature and the ability to have two Sync Pairs with Trainers sharing a name on your team at once.
Here are the full patch notes for the update:
Addition of the Restart Battle Feature
- A Restart Battle feature will be added to the Quit button.
- Go to the Battle Menu during a battle and tap the Quit button to select Quit or Restart Battle.
- By tapping on Quit, you will quit the battle like usual.
- If you tap on Restart Battle, you can retry the current battle from the beginning with the same team.
Note: Co-op Battles do not support the Restart Battle feature.
Sync Pairs Featuring Trainers with the Same Name
- You will now be able to have multiple Sync Pairs that include Trainers with the same name in your team.
- Optimized teams can also have Sync Pairs that feature Trainers with the same name.
Note: This also applies to the Main Character’s Sync Pair, so you can add them to the same team to participate in the battle.
Note: This change only applies to battles, and the same Trainer cannot be selected for Trainer Lodge expeditions.
Item Exchange Menu Category Updates
- In addition to reorganizing the General category within the Item Exchange menu, three new categories will be added.
- Alongside these additions, some of the items in the General category will be moved to these new categories.
Note: Please check out each screen of the Item Exchange menu for more details about exchangeable items.
Note: There will be no changes to the exchangeable items themselves or the amount of items required to make an exchange.
Note: Please refer to Exchange Items Categories in the Tips section for more details on these categories.
- You will be able to invite Serena to the Trainer Lodge from the following date/time:
Scheduled Date/Time: November 29, 2022 at 10:00 p.m.
Note: You can invite Serena once you have teamed up with 5★ Serena & Fennekin.
Note: The Lodge Exchange lineup will be updated at the date/time listed above.
- Changed the background of the Trainer Lodge.
Passive Skill Issues Resolved
- The following issues that affected the Persisting Shield 5 and Persisting Barrier 5 Passive Skills have been fixed:
The effects of the Passive Skills are not being applied to the Physical Damage Reduction effect and the Special Damage Reduction effect that occur as Special Parameters in the Champion Stadium or due to the use of items in the Battle Villa.
- Changed some of the voiced lines for Skyla (Holiday 2020) & Togekiss, Erika (Holiday 2020) & Comfey, Rosa (Holiday 2019) & Delibird, and Siebold (Holiday 2019) & Octillery to lines specific to those versions of the characters, as well as all related text.
- Changed some of the animations for the Log-in Bonus.
- Changed the animation for some effects that are displayed at the start of a battle, such as the special parameters for the Champion Stadium and items in the Battle Villa.
- Adjusted parts of the tutorial.
- New songs will be added to the Jukebox.
Scheduled Date/Time: November 28, 2022 at 10:00 p.m.
Note: You can exchange for newly added songs in the Unlock Songs menu of the Jukebox or the Exchange Items menu in the Shop.
- Made minor text changes.
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements have been implemented.