Pokemon Sword/Shield has best Switch launch in Spain, country’s second best launch of the year
You can add Spain to the list of territories where Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield are performing well. At 129,100 copies sold (with the Double Pack counted as two units), they have overtaken Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu / Eevee as the best Switch launch. The Let’s Go games only sold 64,000 copies.
Pokemon Sword/Shield also had the second best launch of the year. It outsold Kingdom Hearts III (59,000 copies) and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (49,650 copies), but was behind FIFA 20 (220,000 copies).
Pokemon Sword was the more popular version at 71,600 units. Pokemon Shield followed next at 46,300 copies. Finally, the Double Pack moved another 5,600 units.
Here’s a look at the best launches in Spain this year:
- [PS4] FIFA 20 : 220,000
- [NSW] Pokémon Sword/Shield : 129,100
- [PS4] Kingdom Hearts 3 : 59,000
- [PS4] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare : 49,650
- [NSW] Zelda : Link’s Awakening : 47,500
- [PS4] Resident Evil 2 Remake : 33,000
- [NSW] Super Mario Maker 2 : 30,400
- [NSW] Luigi’s Mansion 3 : 29,000
- [PS4] Days Gone : 26,600
- [PS4] Death Stranding : 23,300
- [PS4] Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled : 20,600
- [NSW] Fire Emblem Three Houses : 19,500
- [NSW] New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe : 18,800
- [PS4] Fortnite Darkfire Bundle : 16,000
- [PS4] Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order : 15,250
- [PS4] MediEvil : 15,160
- [PS4] eFootball PES 2020 : 14,300
- [PS4] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice : 14,000
- [NSW] Astral Chain : 13,000
- [XB1] FIFA 20 : 11,500
It’s also worth noting that Switch sales increased week-over-week at 6,750 units sold. 3,700 Switch Lite units were sold, including 1,800 for the Zacian/Zamazenta version.