Runbow developer 13AM Games reveals Double Cross, coming to Switch
Posted on April 3, 2018 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
13AM Games, the developer behind Runbow, has unveiled its next project. Double Cross is coming to Switch this summer, the studio announced today.
Double Cross is an action-adventure game with plenty of platforming. You’ll play as Zahra, an agent of the dimension peacekeepers RIFT (otherwise known as Regulators of Interdimensional Frontiers and Technology). After RIFT is attacked, players will be involved in a new case as they travel across dimensions. The game has unlockable gear, a “Proton Slinger” mechanic that offers a diversity of movement in levels and the ability to grab and throw objects and enemies, upgradeable attacks and combos, and more.
If you’re at PAX East 2018 this week, you can try out Double Cross out for the first time. We have the first full details and trailer below.
Double Cross is an exciting action adventure game that has players take on the role of Zahra, an agent of RIFT—Regulators of Interdimensional Frontiers and Technology— whose job it is to maintain peace and order between all dimensions. A recent attack on RIFT headquarters thrusts players into a thrilling new case where they must use their RIFT-developed gear to sling, swing, fight, and investigate across distinct dimensions. During their travels players will gather clues to bring themselves one step closer to finding the identity of RIFT’s attacker and save every variation of the universe.
Developed by 13AM Games, the studio behind award-winning Runbow, Double Cross features an adventure-game style investigation crossed with an intense action platformer. Players are also free to customize Zahra’s play style in order to become the top RIFT agent.
– Players can custom tailor their play style by collecting Upgradium and using it to level up and unlock equippable RIFT agent gear. Adventure-game style investigation system and upgrade system that allows players to choose how and in what order they play levels
– A unique “Proton Slinger” mechanic that allows diversity of movement throughout levels and the ability to grab and throw objects and enemies
– Varied and upgradeable attacks and combos
– An intricate story engages players as they solve an interdimensional mystery with a diverse cast of characters
– Slick 2D HD art that draws upon traditional gaming and anime style