SEGA Ages Wonder Boy details and screenshots
Posted on May 20, 2019 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Screenshots, Switch eShop
SEGA has provided an update on SEGA Ages Wonder Boy. First details and screenshots for the classic release were shared today.
Here’s the full roundup, courtesy of Gematsu:
Joystick Rattling Made Easy with the “Joystick Rattle Button”
– “Joystick Rattle”: old arcade trick in which the player vehemently rattles the joystick to increase the amount of gold obtained at certain points on the map
– This can be executed with a single button in the Sega Ages version
Challenge the Game in its Truest Design with the New “Money Hungry Mode”
– New mode that seals away the Joystick Rattle technique and forces the player to challenge the game how the designers initially meant for it to be challenged
– Compete against other players around the world in online leaderboards
– The online leaderboards included in previous ports of Wonder Boy in Monster Land are all included here, including:
– Sphinx Challenge: Challenge the battle against the Sphinx, which players normally tend to skip
– Monster Castle Challenge: A time attack on the game’s final dungeon
– Fireball Challenge: A challenge in which you can only use fireballs (infinitely) and die in one hit
SEGA Ages Wonder Boy will be coming “soon” to Switch.