Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn announced, Indiegogo campaign could bring the game to Wii U/3DS
A new Shaq-Fu game is finally happening, and it could come to Wii U and 3DS.
Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn is now live on Indiegogo, accessible here. Big Deez Productions is working on the project. The team’s staff have experience contributing to games such as Halo, Street Fighter, Final Fantasy, Alan Wake, Spec Ops: The Line, Battlefield, Killzone, Max Payne, Duke Nukem, and more.
As for what Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn offers, here’s a lengthy overview included on Indiegogo.
Shaq Fu is what the original game should have been – an instant classic. We’re talking Streets of Rage meets Street Fighter meets Devil May Cry. It’s a modern day take on the classic beat ‘em up. Play as Shaquille O’Neal – learn hundreds of moves and battle techniques, take on thousands of enemies with dozens of cool melee weapons, battle bosses in dynamic arenas, master coolfinishing moves and play with your buddies in COOP mode or against each other in player vs player combat.
In Shaq Fu, dozens of unique and varied enemies await which require careful use of tactics. The game also features destructive environments, awesome power ups and a series of well-designed,beautiful levels with interesting progression. This is all tied together by what very well might be the story of the century, a performance worthy of an Oscar, by the Big Diesel, in his battle against a villain for the ages – the mysterious Black Star Ninja.
- Play as Shaq as he kicks ass and takes no prisoners
- Intricately designed combo system that leaves room for a variety of fighting tactics. Learn the moves and let Shaq rip against his enemies
- Pimp your character with new moves and abilities. Select from different fighting styles or combine styles and create your own new discipline (Shaq FU is what you make it)
- Challenges for even the best players.
- Adaptive AI keeps the game exciting
- Battles against hordes of enemies in the tradition of the lost art of the beat ‘em up. I mean, who could take Shaq one on one?
- Take the challenge up to an entirely new level in unforgettable smack downs against awesome bosses.
- Once you beat a boss you unlock him and can play as him in the game.
- Fight through the slums of Asian cities, on the rooftops of skyscrapers. Battle it out inside buildings, seedy night clubs, and cause mayhem in the markets.
- Smash an enemy through the floor and leap down to a lower level. Barge through walls and forge your own path. Smash furniture, toss enemies through windows, even collapse structures – when you are the Shaqbreaker everything is possible
- A wide variety of melee and projectile weapons as well as various everyday objects that can be used as weapons – katanas, shurikens, baseball bats, the occasional basketball filled with the wrong type of gas, bottles, knives and dozens more. Don’t see a weapon you like? What about that manhole cover or that car door? You are Shaq after all, so maybe you want to hurl thatmotorcycle on a bunch of enemies at once. The world is your projectile.
- Wipe out huge numbers of enemies at once. Bowl down enemies with balls of steel, createearthquakes of unprecedented power, slam dunk baddies with ease.
- Modifiers that change your appearance and enhance your skills. Transform into the monstrousBig Daddy O and crush your enemies. Twirl into the Big Baryshnikov and pirouette your enemies like a tornado tearing through Kansas. Power up into the Big Diesel and steamroll your enemies into Kobe-Patties. A power-up for every nickname Shaq has ever had, and a few new ones for good measure.
- Co-op Gameplay. Grab a friend and battle it out in tandem. Play as Shaq’s identical twin (no he doesn’t sell insurance) or select from a host of other playable characters with different skills and power-ups. Split screen action available, baby!
- Co-op’s not your bag? Build up your character and fighting style and duke it out online or on the same machine against another player.
- Once you have played through the main game revisit it to discover secret environments that you might have missed.
- Think its over once the Black Star Ninja, is unmasked? Think again. Hosts of challenges await that pit you against the best Shaq Fu’s in the world.
Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn is seeking $450,000 in funding. A 3DS version will happen if the campaign raises $960,000, while a Wii U stretch goal lies ahead at $1,080,000. There are stretch goals for other platforms as well.