Smash Bros. 3DS update version 1.0.5 out now – amiibo support, share mode
Posted on February 9, 2015 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, News
The 1.0.5 update for Super Smash Bros. 3DS is out now. Players in North America, Europe, and Japan can download the patch.
Today’s update is rather significant. amiibo figures are now supported, meaning players can train their fighters on the go. amiibo in Smash Bros. Wii U are compatible with the 3DS game.
Nintendo and Bandai Namco have also prepared a share mode. Players can post photos, replay data, and Mii Fighter data to the server to share with other users around the world. Other users can search and download the content. In addition, posting photos to Miiverse is now possible.
Read on below for the full update notes from Nintendo.
- Share mode has been added.
- Users will be able to post photos, replay data, and Mii Fighter data to the official server to share with other users around the world. Users will also be able to search and download the content as well.
*Users can only post their own content. Content posted to the server will be deleted after 30 days.
- Users will be able to share and exchange photos, replay data, and Mii Fighter data with users on their 3DS Friend List.
*Content will be received when the Nintendo 3DS is connected to the Internet
*It may take some time to receive the data
*Content uploaded to the server will be deleted from the server after 30 days.
- Users will be able to post photos to Miiverse from within the game
*Photos will be posted to the official
- amiibo functionality has been added to New Nintendo 3DS XL
Users can tap their amiibo figure to the touchscreen to transform them into “figure players (FP)” to battle, train, and level-up their FP.
*FPs that were trained in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U can be used in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS.
*Nintendo 3DS/XL systems will be compatible with amiibo functionality using a peripheral device scheduled to launch in 2015 and the software update that will follow.
- In order to let you play the game more comfortably, we have also fixed some issues.
Please note: Once users install the update data (Ver. 1.0.5), they will no longer be able to play local multiplayer with users without the update installed. Additionally, any replay data that was saved prior to the update will no longer be playable.
Users will be required to download this update prior to using the software’s online multiplayer features.