The newest update for Splatoon is now live. Players can now download version 2.8.0.
We’ve covered this update quite a bit in recent weeks. Of course, the main highlight of Sheldon’s Picks Vol.2. Nintendo has also balanced weapons and gear abilities, adjusted stages, and made other fixes.
If you missed them, the full patch notes can be found below.
Weapons and Gear Added
- Eight new weapons have been added and will now appear in the weapon shop.
- Weapons will be available in the weapon shop after viewing the Inkopolis News on 6/8 from 11:00 AM (PT) onward.
- Two new pieces of gear have also been added and will now appear in their respective shops.
Weapon and Gear Ability Balancing
- Adjustments have been made to specifications for certain Main and Sub weapons, and gear abilities.
- More information coming soon!
- Arowana Mall: Adjustment made to prevent players from taking unintended shortcuts in all modes.
- Bluefin Depot: Fixed an issue that allowed players to move inside certain objects in Rainmaker mode.
- Camp Triggerfish: Adjusted the size of the “Don’t retreat!” warning zone near team starting areas.
- Piranha Pit: Adjustment made to prevent players from taking unintended shortcuts in all modes.
Multiplayer Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to jump higher than intended when touching an opponent’s Splash Wall.
- Adjustments have been made to make for a more pleasant gaming experience.