Terraria Switch update out now (version 1.3.1) – new features, items, and more
Terraria updated on Switch this week to version 1.3.1. The game has received new features and items, quality of life tweaks, and a few random additions.
The full patch notes are as follows:
- Dart Traps & all Temple Traps can now be hammered to rotate 90 degrees at a time, revolutionizing arena building
- Cannons (normal, bunny, confetti, Snowball Launcher) can now be controlled by wire and shoot fake projectiles!
- New Combat Targeting/Lock On system – enable/map this to a button in the Settings Menu!
- Tons of new Wiring/Mechanical items – from Logic Gates to Logic Sensors to Junction Boxes, Conveyor Belts, and more!
- Yellow Wrench adds a fourth wire color
- The Grand Design, once crafted, will place all of your cool wiring tools in one place for easy use
- The Grand Design has had some special UI modification to work better with touch on the Switch!
- Team Blocks and Platforms make for cool new aspects to your PVP games
- Static Hook will allow you full control over your grappling
- New Pressure Plates, including the Teal Pressure Plate (which can be triggered by pets and projectiles)
- Trapped Chests can now be crafted to keep others from poking around in your stuff
- Angler Tackle Bag will make fishing more efficient than ever!
- Brand new Critter & Monster Statues
- And of course, who could forget that you will now be able to pick up your very own Companion Cube from the Traveling Merchant!
QUALITY OF LIFE TWEAKS
- Improved Wire drawing to look less fuzzy with multiple colors on the same tile.
- New large gem over-head display
- You can now use situational building accessories from your inventory and toggle their effects like info accessories
- Decompressed sprite graphics for improved fidelity
- Duke Fishron will no longer run away so easily
- You will find Beehives in the Jungle – Not the bees!
- Torches can be put on actuated tiles