The DioField Chronicle receiving a free major content update in March 2023
Posted on February 28, 2023 by Nicolas in News, Switch
Original (11/18): Square Enix has announced that The DioField Chronicle will be receiving a free content update next March. Said update will add a significant amount of new content, including a new scenario, weapon, skills, mode, and difficulty setting.
Here are the details on what this update will be providing:
- New Scenario – A new scenario not told in the main story starring Waltaquin Redditch. In this scenario, playable after clearing Chapter 5, you will make your way through missions while controlling Waltaquin. “Behemoth” will appear as the final boss.
- New Weapon “Grimoire” – In the newly added scenario, you will be able to equip Waltaquin’s dedicated weapon “Grimoire,” which can use skills to summon units and morph into other forms.
- New Skills – The new skill “Necromancy” can be used to summon a Skull Knight. The new skill “Necrotame” can be used to transform your units into a Skull Dragon to unleash powerful skills.
- High-Difficulty “Extra Mode” – A mode in which high-level enemies appear from Chapter 1. This will be added as a function of “New Game+,” which allows you to carry over your levels, weapons, and skill trees after clearing the main story.
- New Difficulty Level “Very Hard” – The “Very Hard” difficulty level offers more challenging battles with less fragment drops, reduced enemy skill use frequency and cooldowns, limited revival time and HP recovery, and so on.
You can watch a trailer showcasing the update below.
Update (2/28): The free update for The DioField Chronicle is now confirmed for March 6.