The Elder Scrolls: Blades update out now (version 1.8) – event quests and more
Posted on August 2, 2020 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
The Elder Scrolls: Blades was updated on Switch this week to version 1.8. Bethesda has implemented event quests, the Sigil Shop, improvements, and bug fixes.
Below are the full patch notes:
INTRODUCING EVENT QUESTS!
- Take on limited-time Quests multiple times a week.
- Counter each Event Quest’s unique properties. In ‘The Purifying Flames,’ for example, enemies are only vulnerable to fire damage while in ‘The Impenetrable Grove,‘ they act much more defensively.
- Earn Sigils by completing Event Quests.
- Spend Sigils on powerful items in the Sigil Shop, a new section of the Store.
- Complete each Event Quest up to 5 times. Each Stage is harder than the last but rewards more Sigils!
COME TO THE SIGIL SHOP!
- Arcane items are guaranteed to receive one or two bonus enchantments when enchanted.
- Divine items offer high-level players the power of Dragon items with the look of earlier items, from Iron and Hide to Daedric.
- Material bonuses on Divine armors and shields are as strong as those on Dragonscale items.
- Buy tempered and enchanted gear, including Dragon and Divine items as powerful as can be.
- Buy gold and materials, including Soul Gems and Firebreath Opals.
- Nothing stays available forever but everything returns eventually, so keep an eye on the Sigil Shop!
- Potions and poisons no longer take up inventory space, and up to 50 can now be stacked together.
- In Arena mode only, blocking low now resets the high block refresh timer.
- In Arena mode only, shield enchantments no longer take effect when an attack is blocked low.
- Reduced the ranks at which most enemies use Power Attack abilities.
- Added new high-level Mercenaries, Goblin casters, and Necromancers to Jobs, as well as low-level Goblin casters and Necromancers.
- While Blinded, you are no longer shown the names of skills used by your enemies.
- Added a button to the Quests Menu on the Main Menu.
- Opening the Quests Menu now takes you directly to the section with the newest or most important content.
- Added, in the Quests Menu, a shortcut from any Quest or Job to the Character Menu.
- Added a label to inventory items that are currently part of a loadout.
- Added an “IMMUNE” message that appears instead of “RESIST” when an enemy is immune to an attack’s damage types.
- Added Help Menu sections about the Abyss, the Arena, and Guilds.
SOUL GEMS CHANGES
- High-level enemies drop Grand and Glorious Soul Gems instead of Transcendent Soul Gems.
- At high player levels, large breakable objects (in ruins and stone) drop Glorious Soul Gems more often.
- At high player levels, Glorious Soul Gems drop in the Abyss more often, while Transcendent Soul Gems and alchemy/enchanting materials (Fire Salts, Honeycomb, etc.) drop less often.
- Revised the progression of Soul Gem rewards in the Arena and extended the player level range during which Glorious Soul Gems appear.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when completing any quest from the gladiatorial questline.
- Fixed a bug that stopped Consuming Inferno from draining the caster’s Health when they were out of Stamina.
- Fixed a bug that made Magicka regenerate normally right after a Magicka Surge.
- Fixed a bug that made the Fortify Healing bonus enchantment more powerful than listed when drinking healing potions or eating food.
- Fixed a bug that made regular Wisps appear deep in the Abyss instead of high-level versions like Great, Mystic, and Grand Wisps.
- Fixed a Switch bug that prevented players using motion controls from blocking right after canceling an attack.
- Fixed a Switch bug that forced an unintended attack when trying to block while under the effects of Reckless Fury.
- Fixed a Switch bug that forced an unintended attack right after canceling an attack.
- Fixed a bug that made an unremovable exclamation point icon appear over Henrik.
- Fixed an Arena mode bug that delayed a player’s blocking animation when they blocked right as they stopped being Paralyzed.
- Fixed a bug that let discarded items continue to appear in Loadout Menu item lists.
- Fixed a bug that made the Golden Champion’s Helm, Silver Hero’s Helm, and Bronzed Gladiator’s Helm appear, at the Enchanter’s Tower, in the list of items that can be enchanted.
- Fixed a bug that made the player’s eyes disappear while previewing helmets in the inventory menu.
- Fixed a bug that missorted items in many shop menus.
- Fixed a bug that prevented a guild’s overall score from updating as soon as a new member joined.
- Fixed a wide variety of interface bugs, minor audio issues, and crashes.
The Elder Scrolls: Blades is available for Switch via the eShop as a free-to-play game.