The Elder Scrolls: Blades update out now (version 1.9.0), patch notes
Posted on October 13, 2020 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
Bethesda has introduced a major 1.9.0 patch for The Elder Scrolls: Blades. The update includes a Quest Menu in place of the Quest Map, new event quests, the Dark Seducers, seasons, improvements, and bug fixes.
Below are the full patch notes:
INTRODUCING THE QUEST MAP!
- The Quest Menu has been replaced by the interactive Quest Map.
- Explore the Map to see what you’ve accomplished and get a preview of what lies ahead.
- Use the Quick Navigation controls to go exactly where you need to be.
- Start Quests and Jobs directly from the Map or access the Details page for more info.
- Get quick information about upcoming Quest requirements.
NEW EVENT QUESTS!
- The cursed lands beyond the portal now offer new challenges for intrepid heroes.
- A new Event will debut this month, with more to come afterwards.
- Visit the Event Portal on the new Quest Map to play active Events and get information on upcoming ones.
INTRODUCING: DARK SEDUCERS!
- Straight from the Shivering Isles come the Dark Seducers, a Daedric race in service of the Mad God Sheogorath.
- These deadly adversaries sport new weapons and armor, which can be purchased in the Sigil Shop and used by players Level 39 and up.
- Dark Seducers also have a new exclusive spell, Snakebite, which converts their physical attacks to poison damage.
- These enemies will only appear in Events, so stay alert.
NEW FOR PVP: SEASONS!
- As of this release, PvP Leaderboards will now reset on the first of each month.
- Special PvP rewards will be given out at the end of each season.
- This month’s reward for the first 100 ranks will be the Gold, Silver or Bronze Victor’s Swords, depending on the actual rank achieved.
- Members of the top 100 guilds will also receive Gems and Soul Gems once the season closes.
- All players who participated in the PvP season will receive Gems and chest rewards when it ends.
- Many graphical improvements and optimizations have been made in Quests, Jobs and Events, as well as UI screens and controls.
- Town: Improved camera angles for Saashi, other NPCs.
- Town: The Halloween Town theme is back for a limited time.
- Arena: Fixed attack swipes not properly registering during PvP combat.
- Arena: Players’ weapons will now always appear the correct size during pre-match or victory screens.
- Art: Fixed texture on right shoulder piece of Durak’s Armor.
- Events: Fixed a bug where the Event intro text gets stuck on screen.
- Events: Fixed a bug where the potion shortcut icon does not appear if the player uses a potion from the inventory immediately upon entering combat.
- Inventory: Hide helmet button now works as expected when using it immediately after equipping a helmet.
- Quests: Attempting to load into town after completing the first objective of “A Snake in the Grass” no longer causes the game to crash.
- Quests: Coming back to Town after completing “Like Father, Like Son” will no longer cause errors if Henrik isn’t there.
- Quests: Fixed a bug where quitting the game right after defeating an Arena Quest opponent would then prevent the quest from being completed.
- Quests: Wanum will now stay in town even when his Arena Quest fight is active, to prevent errors when coming back from Quests where he is the debriefing NPC.
- Switch: Fixed a hard crash when the arena matchmaking system automatically Requeues.
- Switch: Fixed a bug in PvP where performing a combo swing right before getting stunned could result in a stuck charge swing once the stun ends.
- Switch: Fixed a bug that caused the game to freeze on a communication error when resuming gameplay after putting the console to sleep for a few minutes.
- Switch: Fixed a bug that could cause the game to freeze when loading when Internet access speed is too low.
- Switch: User will now be notified of network issues when retrying on communication errors.
- Switch: Fixed a bug where the inventory menu continued being interactive while the Upgrade Inventory modal window was open.
- Switch: Fixed a crash that could occur when picking up dropped items in Quests and Jobs.
- Switch: Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the game to crash when disconnecting from the network after purchasing an eShop item and returning to the title.
- Fixed a wide variety of interface bugs, minor audio issues, and crashes.
The Elder Scrolls: Blades is available for Switch via the eShop.
Thanks to Cameron for the tip.