The Knight Witch release date set for November, new trailer
Posted on September 29, 2022 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
A final release date is in for The Knight Witch. Today, publisher Team17 and Super Awesome Hyper Dimensional announced that the Metroidvania bullet hell title will arrive for Switch on November 29, 2022.
The Knight Witch was confirmed for Switch back in April. At the time, it was given a general 2022 release window.
Here’s an overview of the game:
The Knight Witch takes players to the underground city of Dungeonidas, where the once peaceful metropolis has been besieged by a mysterious enemy and their army of unrelenting war golems. As Rayne, players will wield the power of a Knight Witch and decide whether to customise and upgrade her Knight abilities to give a faster-paced shoot ‘em up experience, or strengthen her Witch magic, through different deck building strategies created from over 40 unique cards.
The Knight Witch also offers up a series of accessibility and assist options so players of all abilities can help save the kingdom. These include the ability to turn Rayne invincible, implement an intuitive auto aim system, as well as add a focus system so players cannot get lost in the kingdom’s labyrinthine streets and alleys, enabling players to customise their playstyle.
Players that can’t wait to jump in and join Rayne and the Knight Witches can download the limited time demo available until 10th October on Steam, giving them a taste of the fast paced action to come in November.
– Shoot ‘Em Up Spellcasting Sorcery: Encounter evil foes and choose whether to wield Rayne’s magic or use her weapons and wits to take them down.
– Body and Mind: The Knight Witch Duality: Customize Rayne’s unique playstyle, upgrading Knight abilities for a more fast-paced shoot ‘em up experience, or strengthen Witch magic and explore different deckbuilding strategies with over 40 unique spell cards to choose from.
– Build Trust & Make Lasting Bonds: Knight Witches become stronger with gratitude and trust and can earn it in many ways, not all of which are sincere – the choice to choose popularity over honesty lies in the players hands.
– Forward-Thinking Accessibility: The Knight Witch has been designed as a Metroidvania without barriers; with an intuitive on/off ‘auto-aim’ system, world-altering ‘cheats’ and a focused main story navigation system – players will never get lost and can tailor the game to their level of play.
– Super Mega Team: The Knight Witch is brought to you by a veteran team of developers behind titles including RiME, Moonlighter, and Plants VS Zombies.
Other than the release date news, The Knight Witch also received a new trailer today. We’ve included the video below.