The Spirit and the Mouse update out now (version 1.2b), patch notes
Posted on January 24, 2023 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
A new update is here for The Spirit and the Mouse on Switch, which is version 1.2b.
The patch is notable as it introduces a number of additional options and accessibility features, including closed caption. A new set of bug fixes are here as well.
The full patch notes are as follows:
- Added option for crouch hold/toggle. (Settings > Game)
- Added option for high contrast mode. (Settings > Game)
- Added option for disabling camera auto rotation. (Settings > Game)
- Added option for turning on closed caption (Settings > Audio)
- Added new rebind option for new control: Autorun. Press the button to toggle autorun. (Settings > Game)
- Added ability to pause cutscenes (using the Start/Esc button during a cutscene)
- Added a cheat to toggle “Popcorn mode”, activated by a combination of Squeaks and shocks….Bug fixes
- Major: Fixed Crash happening when trying to exit Kicry’s area after starting their minigame.
- Major: Fixed softlock happening if player completed Kiscribe while Kiclumsy was started, and quit the game directly after.
- Fixed typo and grammar errors in french
- Fixed brightness option not working correctly
- Improved collision in East Stairs back alley
- Fixed multiple holes in geometry
- Slightly move Kisenior to prevent player from being stuck
- Adjust collision to prevent player from getting stuck in gutter near Kisprint in East
- Autorun can be triggered while running
- Kidive help sparks don’t disappear until current request is validated
- Various minor fixesMisc
- Map pin for the secret dressing room in South Square is always visible
- Kidive (North) and Kisprint (West) have dynamic difficulty. Kidive will show sparkles on the right object after 2 fails. Kisprint minigame in west gets easier the more you fail
- Vibrate controller when changing the rumble setting on/off
All players on Switch can download the new 1.2b update for The Spirit and the Mouse now.