The Witch’s House MV, a horror RPG, coming to Switch in 2022
Posted on August 5, 2022 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
A Switch version of The Witch’s House MV is in development, publisher Dangen Entertainment and developer Fummy revealed today. The game is slated for later in 2022.
The Witch’s House MV, which first released in 2012, is a Japanese horror RPG with an emphasis on puzzle-solving and jump scares. The updated edition first hit PC in 2018 and will now be appearing on consoles for the first time.
More information about the title is available below.
The Witch’s House, originally released in 2012, falls within the tradition of Japanese horror RPGs with heavy emphasis on puzzle-solving and jump scares. Among other entries in the genre such as Ib and Ao Oni, The Witch’s House surprised fans with pixel-art that conceals truly frightening horror.
The Witch’s House is deliberately designed with traps at *almost* every turn–sudden death is unpredictable and it keeps players on their toes. Anything can happen at any time.
With completely remastered visuals, The Witch’s House MV will feel fresh to even the most familiar old-school fans. Fans will also be greeted by a new difficulty mode that includes new events upon completion of the base game.
- A horror atmosphere wherein players solve puzzles based on clues found in the house.
- Completely reimagined graphics that make for a beautifully terrifying experience.
- Brand new unlockable difficulty mode with new events and dialogue.
- Violence and gore that are not recommended for the squeamish. Player discretion advised.
- Sudden deaths that lurk around every corner and await every misstep.
- Items must be used deliberately as players solve the puzzles for themselves.
- Fixed save points (just keep an eye out for the talking black cat).
- Game pads are supported and recommended.
- Head phones *strongly* recommended.
And here’s a previous trailer:
Once we have a proper release date, we’ll be sure to share that information.
Source: Dangen Entertainment PR