Vampire: The Masquerade – Shadows of New York details, new trailer
Posted on July 29, 2020 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop, Videos
Draw Distance today shared a new trailer for Vampire: The Masquerade – Shadows of New York, a standalone expansion to Vampire: The Masquerade – Coteries of New York. We have it below along with a bunch of details about the game.
In Shadows of New York, players take on the role of Julia, a vampire of the mysterious and powerful clan Lasombra. Our protagonist is currently stuck in a rut, occupying a theoretically prestigious, but practically unimportant position in the city’s most influential faction – the Camarilla. This will all change when the news of the final death of the Anarch Baron of NYC reaches the Court’s attention – an unlikely nomination will seem a chance for Julia to finally make a name for herself, but she will be judged every step of the way.
The player’s choices will lead to one of two endings to Julia’s story, as well as influence her approach in key scenes on her way to the plot’s conclusion. Shadows of New York will also include more amazing key scene illustrations than Coteries of New York, which help flesh out the events of the game with unique animated art. In addition to those improvements, we are also happy to announce our cooperation with the talented composer Resina, who is responsible for the entirety of Shadows of New York’s soundtrack. Her moody style, which mixes haunting vocals with classical instruments such as the cello and warped electronic sounds, make for a perfect fit for the World of Darkness and a great companion to the events unfolding in the story.
With Shadows of New York, we are telling a more personal, and darker story than in Coteries of New York. While both games are intended to be standalone experiences, suitable for players new to Vampire: The Masquerade and the World of Darkness setting, those who played the first game will recognize many places and characters. Agathon, D’Angelo, Hope and Tamika make a return, with their situation changed as we progress the overarching storyline unfolding in New York City. The fan-favorite Sheriff of NYC, Qadir Al-Asmai will play a bigger role as a more amicable mentor-figure to Julia. New faces – both Kindred and Kine – appear as we expand on the cast of Coteries of New York.
Vampire: The Masquerade – Shadows of New York description and features:
Your old life is dead and buried. You have no afterlife to look forward to, and your vampiric unlife is about to fall apart unless you solve an unsolvable crime. Welcome to New York City… and welcome to the Lasombra clan, where failure is not an option.
Vampire: The Masquerade – Shadows of New York is a visual novel set in the rich universe of Vampire: The Masquerade. It acts as a stand-alone expansion and a companion piece to our previous title, Coteries of New York. While Coteries was a general introduction to the world depicted in the 5th Edition of the hit tabletop role-playing game, Shadows present a more personal and
● A visual novel tackling themes of personal and political horror, suitable for both Vampire: The Masquerade veterans, and fans of narrative-driven games who are newcomers to the setting.
● A stand-alone expansion to Coteries of New York. See the familiar metropolis through entirely different undead eyes. Expect new characters, new locations and an original soundtrack.
● Play as a member of the Lasombra clan. Formerly vicious foes of the Camarilla, the Magisters decided to search for safety in the ranks of their former enemies. Master the shadows and communicate with the inhabitants of the Other Side, but beware – Oblivion is always lurking out there, ready to devour you whole.
● Explore the streets of the Big Apple. While you search for ways to satiate your bloodthirst, catch glimpses of various fascinating vignettes and forge connections with the eccentric inhabitants of the city. One playthrough won’t be enough to see it all.
● Shape your mind, shape your fate. You used to avoid defining yourself and tried to stay neutral, but given your situation, you can no longer afford to do so. The choices you make will alter the way you think, and your thinking will alter the paths you take.
Vampire: The Masquerade – Shadows of New York launches for Switch in Q3 2020.
Source: Draw Distance PR