Wrath: Aeon of Ruin launches for Switch in early 2023, new trailer
Posted on September 16, 2022 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop, Videos
3D Realms and KillPixel have shared an update on Wrath: Aeon of Ruin, their hardcore first-person shooter powered by the legendary Quake-1 Tech. Switch fans will be able to pick up the title in early 2023.
Read more about the game in the following overview:
You are Outlander. Once adrift upon the Ageless Sea, you now find yourself on the shores of a dying world. From the consuming darkness emerges a figure cloaked in white, the Shepherd of Wayward Souls, who burdens you with the task of hunting down the remaining Guardians of the Old World. You must journey into the vast gloom to explore ancient ruins, discover forgotten secrets and battle the horrors that lurk within.
Fueled by legendary Quake 1 technology, the veins of Wrath pump with the DNA of revered ’90s shooters. Wrath embraces the timeless elements of classic titles such as DOOM, QUAKE, DUKE NUKEM 3D, BLOOD, UNREAL and HEXEN and carries them into the 21st century.
Equipped with weapons of exceptional might and an inventory of powerful artifacts, you must traverse ancient crypts, sunken ruins, corrupted temples and howling forests to bring death to your enemies. But do not underestimate your adversaries, for they are great in power and number. Your mind must be as sharp as your blade if you hope to survive the dangers ahead.
The world of Wrath is rich with engaging combat, diverse environments and captivating lore. Every element is deftly intertwined to create an authentic and enchanting experience as timeless as the games that inspired it.
• Explore a vast world shrouded in darkness, passionately crafted by the hands of expert Quake scene necromancers.
• Forge your path with an arsenal of deadly weapons, each with multiple fire modes.
• Know your enemy. Many horrors lurk in the shadows, thirsting for your blood.
• Artifacts of great power lay hidden in the dark places of the world. Find them and dominate your enemies.
• Powered by the Legendary Quake 1 Tech, Wrath is an authentic, classic FPS in every way.
• Immerse yourself in haunting music born from the twisted mind of Andrew Hulshult (Quake Champions, Rise of the Triad, Dusk and Amid Evil).
We also have a new trailer for Wrath: Aeon of Ruin below. It provides a look at an all new look at a new boss and enemy, new weapons, and levels.