Xenoblade Chronicles 2 update out now (version 1.1.1)
Update: Full patch notes added below.
Original: Xenoblade Chronicles 2’s newest update is here. Nintendo just issued version 1.1.1 for all players.
We’re still waiting on the patch notes, but Nintendo did previously explain what’s covered in the update. It features an easy mode for Tiger! Tiger!, map improvements, and more.
Here’s the lowdown from director Tetsuya Takahashi:
In addition to some bug fixes, we will address the following points:
– An easy mode will be added to Tiger! Tiger!
– When you press the X button, the Skip Travel screen will open the map to your current location. We hope this will make it easier to spot Skip Travel locations and Salvage Points on the map.
– An additional 1:1 zoom on the mini map will be displayed by pressing the L Stick. This will allow improved visibility of your surroundings and make it easier to check quest locations.
- Fixed an issue occurring in the Gormott regular quest “One Step Ahead,” where acquiring the Healing Herb quest item at 12:00 caused the item to fail to be counted in the quest log, preventing completion of the quest.
- Fixed an issue occurring in the Gormott regular quest “A Young Man’s Prize,” where acquiring the Snow-White Rhino quest item at 7:00 caused the item to fail to be counted in the quest log, preventing completion of the quest.
- Fixed an issue occurring in the Gormott regular quest “The Riddle on the Wall,” preventing quest progression.
- Fixed an issue occurring in Perceval’s blade quest “Failure and Success,” preventing quest progression.
- Fixed an issue occurring in Gorg’s blade quest “Follow Your Passion,” preventing quest progression.
- Fixed an issue occurring after viewing the “Something in Common” movie in the “Chapter One: Encounters” section of the Events Theater causing the camera to continue shaking after returning to the game.
- Made adjustments to improve the stability of performing certain actions.
- Due to these adjustments, time required for Skip Travel and loading event cut scenes has become longer in some instances and shorter in others.
- A Pro Controller can now be used when the Joy-Con Controllers are attached to the system in Tabletop Mode.
- Added an Easy difficulty to the Tiger! Tiger! mini game.
- Added a new size of map to the mini map.
- Pressing X when in the field to open the Skip Travel screen, the map of your current location will open.
- Added functionality to allow players to receive the second round of items associated with the Expansion Pass.