Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair upcoming update detailed
Playtonic has outlined an update coming soon to Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair. It’s expected to arrive on January 30 – the same day that a demo will be made available and save data can be transferred to the full release.
Below are the full patch notes:
• Billboard tutorial signs added to Tutorial and Capital Causeway levels.
• Fixed V-sync issue which changed the behaviour of some physical objects.
• Removed jitter from some 2D objects in 2D levels
• Multiple localisation fixes
• SFX for Quack Bomb explosion & Gun Senior death explosion no longer disregards volume settings from the Pause Menu. BOOM.
• Fixed an issue causing some players to not get achievements when reaching the required criteria.
• Yooka-Laylee will no longer be offset when entering through a door If the player holds left/right on the control stick when loading in.
• Fixed an issue which prevented Steve Mayles from growing an additional 0.00001cm
• Fixed an issue which caused some TWIT coins to not show as collected when dying after passing a Checkmate.
• Section 1 – A saw blade has been fixed after it was discovered a section of it wasn’t correctly cutting into Yooka’s flesh.
• Section 2 – Player will no longer be instantly killed at the top of the winding rope surrounded by propeller minions.
• Section 2 – It’s no longer possible to lose two bees at one of the drop off points in the second 2D level.
• Section 3 – Player can no longer become stuck between two chainsaw objects below the first Gun Senior.
• Section 3 – Player can no longer force themselves between the chainsaw hazards at the start of the section and become stuck.
• Section 3 – Player can no longer get stuck by rolling after a buddy slam in a low section.
• Section 4 – It’s no longer possible to take damage from Capital B’s hive mind after bouncing off of his head
• Game will no longer crash after completing the Impossible Lair multiple times in the same session
• Overworld – Late Mountains – No longer possible for the crate behind the cracked blocks to clip through the wall at the end of the wind volume and become inaccessible.
• Overworld – The movable crate next to a Paywall can no longer get stuck in the air after being pushed over the ledge
• Overworld – Player movement no longer broken when interacting with a circuit piece in the Pumping Plant room
• Overworld – Player movement can no longer be broken when interacting with the movable pipes within the desert.
• Overworld – Movable crate on the ledge to the right of Pumping Plant can no longer get stuck if you push it on top of the fan
• Overworld – It’s no longer possible to go out of bounds (please send help Vendi is making me write patch notes) in the water area that’s originally blocked by the fisherman Blamphibian
• Overworld – Player can no longer use the Bounce-Bloom within Rampo’s cave to get behind the exit trigger.
• Buzzsaw Falls state 2 – Checkmate 8 with the ‘More Checkmates’ Tonic will no longer spawn the player off the edge into a potential hazard if they die.
• Buzzsaw Falls state 2 – Checkmate 2 with the ‘More Checkmates’ Tonic is no longer using anti-gravity hacks to float above the ground
• Buzzsaw Falls state 2 – Players can no longer get stuck between the wall and crates at the end of state two if they don’t have Laylee.
• Scareship Scroll state 2 – Areas of cliff face no longer lack collision allowing the player to jump out of the world.
• Scareship Scroll state 2 – The lowering crate platform no longer has collision issues.
• Scareship Scroll state 2 – Yooka no longer instantly dies like a noob when he climbs to the top of the ropes near the end of the level.
• Windmill Way state 1 – Certain level object textures no longer appear black during normal gameplay.
• Windmill Way state 1 – TWIT Coin Banker Tonic now correctly applies to the second TWIT coin.
Boom Boom Blast:
• Boom Boom Blast state 2 – It’s no longer possible to get stuck in a grapple cannon near the start of the level.
• Boom Boom Blast state 2 – Damage is no longer caused to (are you looking for other funny bits in the notes?) Yooka Laylee by a Meanyion when they are sat in one of the Boom-Bloom Blasts.
• Boom Boom Blast state 2 – Odd behaviour (like dabbing) can no longer be seen when the player in a moving Boom-Bloom reaches an obstacle.
• Boom Boom Blast state 2 – The end of some pipes no longer can be seen under the final Checkmate.
• Pumping Plant state 2 – It’s no longer possible to enter the swim state whilst on land in state two
• Gasping Glade state 1 – It’s no longer possible to get stuck between a wall and some crates.
• Gasping Glade state 2 – It’s no longer possible to go outside of the intended play area during the second zipwire section.
• Factory Fright state 1 – Camera issue fixed.
• Hazard Hangar state 1 – Stacked blocks no longer damage the player.
• Hazard Hangar state 2 – Hyle off of DK Vine no longer falls through the floor when respawning at the third Checkmate.
• Urban Uprise state 2 – Tonics – The spawn point for one of the additional Checkmates in state two is no longer outside of the intended play area