Catching shiny Pokemon is a bit easier in Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon
Finding shiny Pokemon in past games hasn’t been an easy task. Usually the odds are 1 in 4,000 of encountering such a Pokemon. But with Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, it seems that it’s easier than ever to find shiny Pokemon.
Want to try finding such a Pokemon in the new 3DS games? Kotaku recommends doing the following:
– Optional, but visit Heahea City on Akala island, enter the Game Freak building to the right of the Pokemon center, go to the second floor and into the door, and change control input to Circle Pad instead of motion controls for traveling in wormholes
– Charizard Glide straight to the Altar of the Moone, which is located at the top of Poni Island
– Enter the warp hole there
– Play through the wormhole mode as you normally would by gathering golden globes to gain speed, and avoid crashing into blue spheres or colored wormholes
– You want to get as far as possible into the warp
– Once you start losing speed and start getting gently pulled into wormholes, you’ll want to look out for white wormholes with rainbow edges
– That’s where you’ll have a chance of finding a shiny
– You’ll want to travel around 3,000 light years away from where you start (the game will tell you how far you’ve traveled once the mini-game ends)
– It’ll probably take a few tries to get the hang of how long it takes to travel that far
– Getting as many golden orbs near the start of the mini-game, when there aren’t many obstacles, can help you pick up a lot of speed
Kotaku says that by following the steps above, they were able to encounter a shiny Pokemon in about 15 minutes. Also, even if you fail, you might come across a Legendary Pokemon… which could also be a shiny Pokemon. Even better, you can soft reset after saving on the other side of the wormhole, allowing you to ensure the shiny has the nature and stats you want.