Double Dragon should be making its way to the Wii U Virtual Console soon. A listing on the eShop has appeared with a December 12 release, though that date isn’t 100% confirmed. Double Dragon will cost $5 when it’s made available.
Nintendo Everything: Wii U eShop
Sanuk Games has a new Bomberman-like game in the works for the Wii U, PlayStation 4, PS Vita, mobile platforms, and possibly 3DS. The studio has shared the following information thus far:
- Tentatively known as Bombing Bastards, name may change
- Made with Unity
- Coming to consoles first
- Includes a solo adventure with “scripted” enemies
- Local mode supports up to 4 players
- 8 players online
- Cartoon-styled graphics
- Will be around $5
- No release date yet
In addition to Gravity Badgers, Wales Interactive also intends to release its “psychological adventure horror” title Master Reboot on the Wii U eShop. The game, set in the “Soul Cloud”, offers a total of 34 environments. No word on Master Reboot’s release date yet, but it’s expected out “soon”.
Moving Player has confirmed “Triboo” for the Wii U eShop. First screenshots are posted above while details have been rounded up below.
- For Wii U/Xbox One/PS3/PC/mobile/tablet
- From Moving Player
- Action/strategy game
- Several phases
- Set in an archipelago
- Main island has a Totem
- Have to help the Zulu protect themselves from an invasion of frogs, the Foogz
- First phase is like a game of tower defense
- Set up protect towers, traps, etc.
- Next is the action phase with battles in third-person with a little bit of RPG sprinkled in
- Characters (magician, warrior, engineer) can gain experience
- God game-like phase with terraforming similar to From Dust but not as extensive
- Can grow vegetation to slow enemies, create paths between items, put up a mountain around the village to protect it, place a river to prevent fire, etc.
- Cartoon 3D visuals
- Worms 3D and Rabbids are sources of inspiration as well as From Dust
- Sandbox and Campaign modes
- 20 levels
- Will have a lot of replay value
- Wii U version coming first, around summer 2014
RingZero Games is bringing My First Songs to the Wii U eShop. And according to a listing on Nintendo’s website, it’ll arrive this month.
As the name suggests, My First Songs is a title more suited to the younger gamer. It’s a karaoke experience featuring 15 well-known children’s songs, solo mode, duet mode, off-TV play, and performance photos.
Image & Form is leaving the door open to the possibility of bringing SteamWorld Dig to Wii U.
Although CEO Brjann Sigurgeirsson won’t make any commitments, he acknowledged to 4CR that fans have made requests to see the game ported over to Nintendo’s console. Keep in mind that the team hasn’t given the idea too much thought.
It feels like we’re considering and reassessing our options every week. Jools at Renegade Kid, Rhod at Dakko Dakko and many other indie devs are very brave to stand at the frontline for the Wii U, and we haven’t had time to give it very much thought yet – we’ve been up over our ears with the Steam version and its release. When we announced the Steam version I got a tweet from a Nintendo fan saying “Great! Now you have HD graphics, porting to Wii U can’t take more than an afternoon!” It takes a bit longer than that… We’ll see where we go. With an acclaimed game in your back pocket, the future is full of interesting choices.
CastleStorm will finally be hitting Wii U this month, if a listing on Nintendo’s website is to be believed. A specific date isn’t mentioned, but a general “December” launch is included on the page. You can watch a trailer for CastleStorm above.
Knytt Underground will launch for Wii U on December 19, publisher Ripstone Games has announced.
The game contains over 1,800 rooms to explore and plenty of secrets to discover. On Wii U, Knytt Underground includes the Infinity Hype update, which is made up of various improvements and changes based on fan feedback from Reddit. GamePad usage has also been implemented so that players can view the map easily. Also note that the Wii U title is the best-looking console version thanks to the addition of new graphical effects and flourishes.
You can watch the launch trailer for Knytt Underground above.
Source: Ripstone PR