How the Metroid amiibo work in Metroid: Samus Returns
Metroid: Samus Returns will have plenty of amiibo functionality when the game launches in September. You’ll be able to use the new Samus and Metroid figures being prepared for the game, along with the previously-released amiibo from the Smash Bros. series.
Nintendo opened the Japanese website for Samus Returns earlier today. It doesn’t have a whole lot of information currently, but the amiibo page was also updated with details on the game’s amiibo support.
Here’s the breakdown:
Samus Aran (Metroid series)
– Enables usage of the Aeon Reserve Tank; when the Aeon gauge is empty, the Aeon Reserve Tank will be consumed to refill it by a certain amount
– After beating the game, unlock Metroid II art at the art gallery for Metroid II: Return of Samus
Metroid (Metroid series)
– Place a “Metroid Marker” that tells you the location of the closest Metroid on the map
– After finishing the game once, when starting a new game, you can access the “Fusion” difficulty mode; more difficult, and can play with the Fusion Suit
Samus (Smash Bros. series)
– Enables usage of Missile Reserve Tank; when the player runs out of missiles, the tank will be consumed to replenish missiles by a certain amount
– After clearing the game once, unlock access to concept art; view concept art in the Gallery menu.
Zero Suit Samus (Smash Bros. series)
– Get an “Energy Reserve Tank”; when you lose all energy while playing, it will be automatically consumed to refill health by a certain amount
– Beat the game once to unlock Sound Test mode; listen to music