Switch eShop currently down, plus upcoming maintenance
Posted on December 25, 2017 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, 3DS eShop, News, Switch, Switch eShop, Wii U, Wii U eShop
Update 4: All of the eShops are back up.
Update 3: Hearing reports that the Switch eShop may have gone down again, or is still down for some. Will continue to monitor.
Update 2: Switch is back up. So currently, Wii U and 3DS are the only systems impacted as of 1:40 PM ET.
Update: Bumped to the top. Wii U and 3DS eShops are now down as well.
Original: Since early this morning, the Switch eShop has been offline. Nintendo hasn’t said what the cause is, but one possibility is an influx of traffic. It’s Christmas after all, and there could be a whole lot of people receiving the system as a gift today.
Nintendo has only said the following about the situation:
We apologize for any issues you may be experiencing with Nintendo eShop. We are working on it and hope to have this resolved soon.
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) December 25, 2017
In other news, more maintenance has been added to Nintendo’s schedule for this week. These periods are planned:
Wii U / 3DS
– 6 PM PT (December 25) – 11 PM PT (December 25)
– 9 PM ET (December 25) – 2 AM PT (December 26)
– 2 AM in the UK (December 26) – 7 AM in the UK (December 26)
– 3 AM in Europe (December 26) – 8 AM in Europe (December 26)
Switch / Wii U / 3DS
– 8 PM PT (December 26) – 1 AM PT (December 27)
– 11 PM ET (December 26) – 4 AM ET (December 27)
– 4 AM in the UK (December 27) – 9 AM in the UK (December 27)
– 5 AM in Europe (December 27) – 10 AM in Europe (December 27)
Don’t forget: there will also be Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Sun/Moon, and Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon maintenance later today.