Nintendo is releasing a fairly major update for Mario Kart 8 on August 27. It will not only bring along the free Mercedes-Benz DLC, but also several additions/improvements.
Here’s the full rundown:
– Map display will be added on the TV screen
– Mercedes-Benz DLC will be available for free
– Default menu selection following GP race is changing to next race (instead of view highlight)
– Last used kart customization added to save
– Edit others’ highlights
– Records screen with total coins, online win-loss record, character selection rates, etc.
– Improved online stability
– Other problems will be addressed
While the update has only been officially announced for Japan, North America and Europe will almost certainly received the patch on the same day.