Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night update out now on Switch (version 1.18), patch notes
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night was updated this week to version 1.18. Bloodless as a new playable character is the main highlight, though there are also a number of fixes for Randomizer and more.
Below are the full patch notes:
Bloodless Playable Character
– Name a new save file “BLOODLESS” to access the new playable character.
Randomizer bug fixes
– Fixed the algorithm so it wouldn’t create invalid seeds
– Implemented safety chests and lamp, so previously invalid seeds can now be completed. These safety chests will contain the required item to complete.
Randomizer number of possibilities
1152 combinations from settings:
3 GOAL x 2 KEY ITEM x 2 SAVE/WARP x 3 ITEM x 4 ENEMY DROP x 2 CRAFTING x 2 SHOP x 2 QUEST = 1152 combinations
65,536 combinations per set
The seed consists of 31 bits. 15 of those bits are used to store the settings generated by the initial choices the player makes. The remaining 16 bits are used to generate the randomness in the seed.
2^16 = 65,536combinations.
Total number of possible combinations for the entire mode:
1152 settings x 65,536 seed combinations = 75,487, 472 total combinations.
– Fixed issue with clan names showing in Save File Selection Screen
– Fixed an issue with clan names in credits
– Fixed minor audio issues
In case you missed it previously, we have a trailer showing off Bloodless below.