Capcom says it hasn’t forgotten about Mega Man
Posted on September 29, 2017 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in General Nintendo, News
Capcom hasn’t done a whole lot with Mega Man in recent years. The series has seen a couple of retro collections, but not much else. Fans might be concerned about Mega Man’s future, but Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 producer Kazuhiro Tsuchiya recently tried to put those fears to rest.
Tsuchiya said at the Tokyo Game Show last week:
“I want to say that Capcom has not forgotten about Rockman. This (30th anniversary logo) here is being put to good use. Rockman’s 30th anniversary is coming in December – December, please remember that date!
On behalf of Ucchy and everyone here, we are looking forward to it very much and hope you are as well. We are deeply pleased to be able to share this with all the fans who have made this possible. Thank you for all of your support, up til now, and in the future.”
Mega Man will be receiving a new animated TV series sometime in 2018. Perhaps we’ll see Capcom give the franchise more attention around that time?
Thanks to Jake for the tip.