Chained Echoes update to add New Game+, more
Posted on June 13, 2023 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
Original (5/30): A pretty big update for Chained Echoes is coming soon to Switch which will come with some additions like New Game+. While we wait for its release, the patch notes have come in.
Aside from New Game+ which unlocks after beating the game and having a cleared save file, Chained Echoes is making some changes to crystals. We have the full patch notes for the version 1.2 update below.
- Added: New Game + option in the start menu when cleared save file is present
- Added: New way of obtaining crystals *
- Added: Crystal gather chains **
- Added: Option to lower running speed
- Added: More Stat Boosts and Passive Skills for Kylian for NG+
- Changed: Removing crystals from equipment yields the proper former crystal ***
- Changed: Selling equipment auto-removes the crystal
- Changed: Lowered chance of getting big crystals
- Changed: Crystals with a purity of 0 can’t drop
- Changed: Smoother crafting menu navigation
- Changed: A few enemy stats
- Changed: Lowered bonus from agility passive and class emblem bonus
- Changed: Double Steps & Drunken Master don’t stack.
- Fixed: bug regarding the Shaved Head boss
- Fixed: other minor bugs and collision errors
* When interacting with a crystal source the player now gets a choice of three crystals for every drop. The player can choose one or none. Choosing none gives the player arc depending on their game’s progress. This gives the player more control over which crystals he wants and which he considers useless for his builds. Also, this makes the inventory less cluttered. This whole system can be turned off in the options.
** If the player chooses a crystal a chain starts. The more crystals of the same property are gathered the more likely they will drop. Choosing a crystal with a different property will restart the chain. Choosing none will continue the chain. This makes hunting for certain crystals a lot easier. When a crystal drop is boosted through a chain it is marked as “Boost”
***This only applies to crystals inserted in version 1.2 or higher.
The Chained Echoes version 1.2 update should be live on Switch within the next couple of weeks.
Update (6/13): This update is now available on Switch.