Update: Second game – Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters game announced for 3DS
Update: A Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters 3DS retail game is planned as well, which will feature a grand adventure. The eShop title is coming out first.
Toei Animation, Bandai, and Bandai Namco recently announced a new Digimon cross-media project known as “Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters”. More details were shared at the Tokyo Toy Show today, including first information about a tie-in 3DS title.
Gematsu provides the following rundown:
- Appmon Chips – 240 yen each. Chips featuring individual Applimon. Launching in early October.
- Appli Drive – 4,500 yen. A toy compatible with the Appmon Chips that has various modes and sound effects. Launching in early October.
- Appli Monsters: Cyber Arena (tentative title) – A 3DS game. Compatible with the QR codes on the Appmon Chips. Scan in your Appmon and utilize them in battle. Launching this fall via the Nintendo eShop.
- Web Integration – Scan Appmon Chips with your smartphone to complete various missions.
- Appmon 7code Pad – 3,200 yen. Launching in mid-November.
- Appmon Band – 1,500 yen. Launching in early October.
- Appmon Pairing Cover Set – 800 yen set. Includes two Appmon Chips and a cover for the Appmon Drive. Launching in late October.
- Appliarise Action Figures – 1,200 yen each. Applimon figures.
Here’s a trailer for the anime:
And a project trailer: