Doom Eternal update out now on Switch (version 1.9), patch notes
A new 1.9 update went live for the Switch version of Doom Eternal this week. Aside from bug fixes, it adds a new in-game event.
Below are the full patch notes for the Doom Eternal 1.9 update:
GHOULS, GOURDS, & GALLEONS
HARK! Behold Le Manc, the evil bearded sea captain Mancubus Master Collection! But this fearsome foe is only a taste of the sunken treasure due to be bubbling back up to the surface! Stay tuned to the Slayers Club for more spooky details on this upcoming Event!
Bug Fixes on Nintendo Switch
- Fixed a rendering issue with the Dark Lord’s Life Sphere in cinematics
- Fixed a number of performance issues in The Ancient Gods Part I and Part II maps
- Fixed Doom Hunter position failing to update after being moved in a cinematic
- Fixed an issue with missing lava effects on Armageddon
Known Issues on Nintendo Switch
- During the Khan Maykr boss fight, the ground attack effects can appear to cover more ground than is actually affected while in mid-air
- Kicking players from a party fails to remove them from the BATTLEMODE lobby
- Mancubus players are missing some fire effects during animations on the podium
- Frag grenades sometimes become invisible while traveling
- In rare situations Mancubus players lose the ability to jump for a round
Other Changes All Platforms
- Main Menu music is now the same as it was when DOOM Eternal launched in March 2020
Bug Fixes All Platforms
- Fixed an issue introduced with Update 6.2 in which the playable Marauder’s axe flame effects were white instead of reddish-orange
Known Issues All Platforms
- Issue: Automap ambient sound effects may persist in game or menus after closing the Dossier
- Resolution: This issue usually resolves on its own after a brief duration but may return upon entering and exiting the Automap in the Dossier again. This issue will be fixed in a future update
All Doom Eternal players on Switch can download the new 1.9 update now.