Doom Eternal update out now on Switch (version 6.66 rev 2), patch notes
Doom Eternal players on Switch can grab the latest update, as Bethesda just released version 6.66 rev 2.
The patch contains new accessibility features, quality of life improvements, and bug fixes. That’s along with Battlemode 2.0 adjustments and bug fixes.
The full patch notes for the Doom Eternal version 6.66 update rev 2 are as follows:
New Accessibility Features
We’re excited to add new accessibility features to DOOM Eternal so that the gameplay experience can be enjoyed by even more players:
Accessibility Settings Notification Pop-Up Menu
After installing Update 6.66 Rev 2, you will be presented with an Accessibility Settings Notification Pop-Up Menu. Read through the available options to make sure they are set to your preference. Once in game, Accessibility settings can be accessed from the Accessibility, Audio and Video Settings menus.
Note – Text-to-Speech menu narration is not supported
This option converts text entered in the BATTLEMODE 2.0 chat window into a synthesized voice, based on the user-selected speech profile.
- There are multiple speech profiles to choose from. You can cycle through the speech profile selections to audition them before selecting one
- The outgoing text message will appear yellow in the chat window when it has been converted to speech
- Text-to-Speech conversions are sent in the same language they are created with
- Converted text chat messages are audible to all players in BATTLEMODE 2.0 lobbies and only audible to Demon teammates during matches
This option enables onscreen transcription from incoming voice chat in the BATTLEMODE 2.0 chat window.
- Incoming Speech-to-Text messages appear yellow in the BATTLEMODE 2.0 lobby chat window and are only visible to Demon teammates during matches
- Unless Chat Translation is enabled, Speech-to-Text chat messages are delivered in the original language
Incoming Text to Speech
Enables a simulated voice to read aloud text chat messages incoming from the other players.
Outgoing Text to Speech
Enables a simulated voice to read aloud the player’s outgoing text chat to the other players.
When enabled, incoming text chat messages are translated into the same language the receiving player’s system is set to. This functionality applies to standard and Speech-to-Text incoming text chat messages.
This option reduces the speed at which screen brightness can change within the game. It can be fine-tuned with the following sliders when enabled:
- Per-pixel Brightness Velocity: Limits how rapidly the brightness of each pixel can change, such as during explosions or intense combat sequences
- Fullscreen Brightness Velocity: Limits how quickly the average brightness can change for the whole screen when it changes rapidly
UI Text Contrast Updates
Some Menu UI elements have been altered to improve readability.
Additional Notes for Nintendo Switch Only
- By default, aim assist is now turned off when gyro aiming is enabled. Players with gyro aiming enabled are recommended to disable aim assist manually after downloading the patch. New players who prefer to play with both gyro aiming and aim assist active can still enable this configuration in the settings menu
Additional Quality of Life Improvements
The Combat Shotgun Full Auto mod wind down animation can now be interrupted by melee input.
- A tutorial pop-up with combat tips will now appear if you die while fighting a Marauder (this only happens once per save game)
- Cacodemon movement speed has been reduced on I’m Too Young to Die and Hurt Me Plenty difficulty
- Added a notification effect when attaining a new Medal on the Horde Score HUD element (see above)
- Added option to hide the HUD in Horde Mode (see ON/OFF below)
- Shortened duration of end-of-round sequence
- Armor gained has been reduced when flame belching a player demon from 30 to 10
- Slayer Loss Forgiveness amount has been increased from 3 to 4
- Reduced the cooldown between Dashes from 250ms to 50ms
- Refuel of Jet Pack now occurs after using Rocket Barrage
- Increased Lake of Fire radius by 30%
- Increased Lake of Fire damage from 6 damage per tick to 10 damage per tick
- Reduced Lake of Fire duration from 5 seconds to 2 seconds
- Slightly increased the Lake of Fire’s vertical size
- Increased damage of Fireball with Fire Specialist upgrade from 27 to 32
We updated the Online Chat Window to now be accessible from the HUD when in a BATTLEMODE 2.0 match. It was previously required to pause the game to access the Chat Window within a match.
- Fixed a bug in which completing the Argentas Paladi milestone would not unlock the Sentinel Podium. Thanks to everybody for their incredible patience with this one!
- Resolved the issue where the Ember Slayer’s flame effects were not displaying correctly in cinematics
- Resolved an issue in which jumping vertically from a coffin wall at the same time it drops would result in residual phantom collision and fail to reset the coffin wall
- Fixed a bug where a DOOM Hunter could erroneously damage the Slayer while faltered within melee range
The Ancient Gods – Part One
- Resolved issue in which the “Destroy the Father’s Life Sphere” mission objective and the Blood Swamps Codex entry would disappear after (Blood Swamps) mission reset
The Ancient Gods – Part Two
- Resolved an issue where increasing to Nightmare from a lower difficulty and then completing it incorrectly showed Nightmare as the Highest Difficulty Played in the Mission Select menu
- Fixed an issue where the Codex entry would not unlock after completing the tutorial for the playable Dread Knight Demon
- Resolved bug where the “DOOMguy in a Box” icon would not unlock upon completing the “Reinvent the Weapon Wheel” milestone
- Fixed bug in which the Horde Round progression map appeared white if playing with the Demon UI color profile selected
- Fixed an issue in which “10,000 Points” would sometimes display instead of “Difficulty Bonus” on the Total Score tab after completing all of Horde Mode
- Fixed a bug that accidentally removed the Soul Sphere and the Crucible from the Mars Core Master Level in Classic Mode
- Resolved issue where the Full Auto Combat Shotgun mod was not usable if you interrupt its pickup animation with the Plasma Rifle equipped in the Mars Core Master Level
The Ancient Gods – Part Two
- Fixed a bug in which backing out of the upper cottage in the village entrance in World Spear Master Level after killing the Marauder would cause non-functional demonic gates to linger and prevent enemies on the way to the cathedral from spawning
- Speech-to-Text transcription is not supported during load screens
- Colorblind settings only apply to the User Interface – they do not carry over into in-world game elements
- Issue: When a Mancubus Player spawns at the start of a round, the “Smoke Bomb” interface element will only be partially filled. This is a display issue, the Smoke Bomb fires correctly
- When using the “Rumble Pack” pose, the Slayer’s Shotgun & Zombie models may disappear from the podium when a text chat message is opened
- The Horde Mode Milestone, “Reinvent the Weapon Wheel” does not appropriately award the icon portion of the reward
All players on Switch can download the new 6.66 update rev 2 for Doom Eternal now.