Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition launches in August
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition was announced back in September 2018, but the game still has yet to release. Most recently, Square Enix announced a delay last December, pushing the title to this summer. We now have a new release date.
In Japan, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition is slated for August 27. That should translate to August 25 or August 28 in the west.
Additionally, Square Enix announced the new “Imitate” system, which allows you to change the player’s appearance and voice in battle to that of one of the sub-characters that appear in the story by collecting certain items. If you are playing online multiplayer, you can put together a dream caravan crew that would not be possible in the main story.
Other new elements include:
- Online multiplayer and cross-platform support.
- Addition of a “High-Difficulty Dungeon & Boss” unlocked after clearing the game.
- Addition of new character variatons, equipment, and upgrade items for each race.
- Newly recorded narration and theme songs “Kazenone” and “Hoshizukiyo” by Yae.
- Newly recorded character voices.
For those that missed it previously, here’s the TGS 2019 trailer: